Thread: Oil cooler lines 1970 2,2 S

Oil cooler lines 1970 2,2 S

Hi all!

I was wondering if my oil lines are truely original. The lines installed on my 2,2 do have an extra set of fittings where the lines come out of the right side A pillar.
    Name:  7.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  43.8 KB
    As much as I could tell from the parts catalogue there is no such extra fitting.
    Sadly some previous owner shortened the lines on the cooler end to fit a bigger "race-like" oil cooler up front. Dunno how much he cut off though.
    Could someone please clarify on the length/ fitting issue?
    Thx,
    Tom

The fittings at the 'A' pillar are correct, if you had the correct cooler mounted, and the two short flex lines that go to it, you could then figure out the amount that was cut off the hard lines. Brad Davis or Canfield Classics in England (or others) could then make new hard lines that you would attach at the 'A' pillar.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thank you edmayo,
    thing is that I wasn't too eager replacing the lines without being sure that the fitting was original. Exchanging the hard lines right of the fitting isn't that much of a deal - technically (OK, it is if looking for genuine ones).
    I do really appreciate!
    Greetings,
    Tom

Tom,

your hard lines don't look too far off the originals in length. Mine are off the car at the moment so i can measure these in the next day or so.
    There was a guy in Germany making repro lines. Failing that, you could always make the Cohline hose sections to the cooler slightly longer. Brad Davis could do this for you.

Dave

Thank you Dave!
    You would not recall the name of the guy in Germany, would you?

I don't remember the board members name, sorry. The longest line is 680mm from outside nut to outside nut fitting. The other is only around 20mm shorter. These were obviously measured using some string to measure the curvature. A quick measure may save you a few bucks if you get the flexible lines made slightly longer.

Brad will have everything you need. Hope that helps.

Dave

The guy in Germany who was recreating the hardlines was 911r67. I don't know if he's still doing this. I bought a set of lines from him about three years ago. He was slow in delivering the items but I did finally get them and they were very nice pieces. Good luck.
    Alan
    N.J.

1964 E-Type roadster
    1969 911S
    1988 328GTB
    2002 Maranello

Alan,
    thank you. I'll drop him a PM.

69-71 oil lines

Tom,
    From the looks of it someone replaced the fittings on the cooler end of the hard lines, with an aircraft type of fitting, or used a metric to dash adapter fitting. The original 69 to 71 lines were brass tube, 18mm OD, with a 1mm wall. the male fitting end is M26 x 1.5 thread with a 27mm hex for the wrench. on the rear end of the line is a hex collar fitting thats 32mm hex wrench size. Following parts are the 69 to 71 oil system, the one inside the body...

28 = 901.501.890.01 oil pipe, below

29 = 901.501.889.01 oil pipe, above

30 = 901.107.361.00 oil pipe, below

31 = 901.107.364.00 oil pipe, above
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry