Thread: '70-S...front trunk carpet side pieces - black or silver snaps?

'70-S...front trunk carpet side pieces - black or silver snaps?

Would appreciate thoughts on my question...just received a trunk carpet set for my early 70-S which has the 69 style leather straps at the blower cover, but the side pieces have the usual snaps. The snaps on this set are black..just not sure if black is correct for the 69 style carpet as I believe all the snaps should be silver/unpainted. Easy enough to correct but wanted to ensure first. Thank you.

Black in my '69 912 and 911T, as well as my former '70 911T.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by smedley View Post
    Black in my '69 912 and 911T, as well as my former '70 911T.
    Thank you for the prompt and helpful reply!

Silver/unpainted snaps on my 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    . . . Would appreciate thoughts . . . just received a trunk carpet set for my early 70-S . . . The snaps on this set are black..just not sure if black is correct for the 69 style carpet as I believe all the snaps should be silver/unpainted . . .
    How 'bout some pics? . . .

. . . (Euro) '70 'S' = un-painted steel . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . .

2) If someone didn't tell you that there was another 12 gallons of tank down there . . . then you'd never know. Spare wedges into that pass-side well = no straps, etc

. . .

HtH

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

My 69 with original carpet in the trunk has silver snaps. Jim

Thank you for the continued thoughts....decisions, decisions!