Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recaro Ideal S Stitching Color

Recaro Ideal S Stitching Color

I am currently restoring 2 Recaro Ideal S seats, that have been recovered previously. I am replacing the center section with the correct corduroy material.

Can someone tell me the color of the stitching that goes across the corduroy? Is it black, grey, or a different color?

I think it maybe the same as normal Recaro sports seats.

Similar to this picture:
    Name:  RecaroCord.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  91.3 KB

Thanks for looking.

Hi, it's Black.
    Your seats seem to be a special order or the boulsters have been done too.
    Are the boulsters genuine leather?
    Usually the boulsters have a piping, yours have a double lap seam. I've had that on seats that were delivered from Rearo with an OE BMW material.
    Name:  sonder.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  38.4 KB

Thanks for the response.

These are not my seats, just a picture I found online. The seats I have had the corduroy covered with another material, but was faded badly. But looks similar to the corduroy in the picture I posted.

These are some pictures of the original material, however I cannot tell if the stitching is original.

Name:  IMG-20170225-WA0007.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  79.5 KBName:  IMG-20170225-WA0008.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  135.9 KBName:  IMG-20170225-WA0009.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  64.6 KB

boulsters with double lap instead of piping are series 2 ;-)

best

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMJH View Post
    I am currently restoring 2 Recaro Ideal S seats, that have been recovered previously. I am replacing the center section with the correct corduroy material.

Can someone tell me the color of the stitching that goes across the corduroy? Is it black, grey, or a different color?

I think it maybe the same as normal Recaro sports seats.

Similar to this picture:
    Name:  RecaroCord.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  91.3 KB

Thanks for looking.
    Checked mine, stitching looks to be black.

Can you please tell me where you found the correct corduroy material?
    S Registry#2021

Seats

Recaro, I have a mint pair of those seats with the "double lap" and they are 100% original. What year was the double lap replacing the piping?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

yes this is series 2 i told you... ;-) switch was 1971 or 1972... what headrests do your seats have?

best

Headrest

Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by mrar View Post
    Checked mine, stitching looks to be black.

Can you please tell me where you found the correct corduroy material?
    Hi, do a google search for 5 wale corduroy that's what I bought. Not an exact match but close.