Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 911S Original Driver's Manual

FS: 911S Original Driver's Manual

911S Original(black binding) Driver's Manual
    4615-20-1000-06-69 Edition 1X/68

Manual is in great shape except for a couple of marks on the front cover and a little yellowing on some of the pages.

$150shipping included to CONUS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gsmalls; 08-29-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Is this for a '69MY S ? Vent system diag not SWB, so presume so?
    Mikey C. ESR Membership #3333
    http://www.mceporsche.com

I believe the owner's manuals information is self explanatory.
    Thank you
    g

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmalls View Post
    I believe the owner's manuals information is self explanatory.
    Thank you
    g
    Why not just answer his question?!! That is, what model is this? Thanks.

-Allen-

Thank-you Allen. All I wanted was confirmation on the model year. If it was self-explanatory to me from the limited info provided, I wouldn't have asked!

You have the date of publication-6/69. You have the edition number IX/68. On the photographs. Porsche sometimes was not current, used older photos such as the vent system for later model manuals, including parts manuals. The also used air brushed photos of earlier models before the model being represented was even manufactured to represent the new models...... If you feel this information is "limited", do your own research as any real buyer would.

Easy-there! It was a simple question. Didn't need a history lesson. Only really warranted a simple answer.

Still, since you've upset me, I'll dig in, just for fun. Lets try multiple choice: Is it 1969?

...or if the answer is 'not sure', well, that's ok too.

You have the date of publication-6/69. You have the edition number IX/68. On the photographs. Porsche sometimes was not current, used older photos such as the vent system for later model manuals, including parts manuals. The also used air brushed photos of earlier models before the model being represented was even manufactured to represent the new models...... If you feel this information is "limited", do your own research as any real buyer would.
    Here's the problem: Porsche often issued several versions of a manual for the SAME model year. So, unless one has a library of all the manuals, we're really not sure. As someone else wrote, you probably don't know. No shame in that but you can post a few more page photos and folks will help you out. Thanks.

Boy, if attitude sells, you'll have this manual for a long, long time.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"