Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solex carb air filter housing seal, where to buy?

Solex carb air filter housing seal, where to buy?

Does anyone know where to get this seal?

Stoddard advertises a new housing, but I was not able to get a seal from them.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry #263

Nothing out there?

Happy 4th!
    Early 911S Registry #263

These are pricey, not sure if they will fit solex housings. I reused mine, Webers, and used 303 Aerospace Protectant to clean and protect. You may want to reach out to Paul Abbott, he's a great resource for all things carbs. Good luck!
    MBR #2637
    AKA boschdog
    1968 911 Normal Coupe
    Houston, Texas

Banned
    Erich,
    I'm also a buyer if someone has them at a reasonable price. Otherwise I'll have them made.

I thought $5k was pretty cheap for a complete air filter assembly? Anyone actually seen one up close?

I will look for something close, or get a quote for an extrusion die. Perhaps the extruder will let me make the die for them, I have made them before. Might keep the costs down.

Erich
    Early 911S Registry #263

Have you talked to International Mercantile, who is doing more of these special seals

They just did the seal for the fiberglass front cowl air vent drip tray.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Just an observation regarding the photo of Stoddard's housing, in particular the outer ridge and hold-down tabs to contain/secure the seal are not like the original. May not make a difference from a functional standpoint but interesting to note when these re-pops get resold in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Banned
    My question is the obvious one:

Would the Solexista rather pay 5k for a new repop or 5k for a real one that needs some love?

Fortunately I have some of the original seal to take measurements. I am ordering material and should have some available in a few weeks. It should be reasonably priced and if anyone is interested please send a PM.

Erich
    Early 911S Registry #263

Received the material and it looks good.

Erich

Name:  IMG_1051.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  81.1 KB
    Last edited by ErichW; 07-31-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    Early 911S Registry #263