Thread: Early camshaft housings for 911 SWW aluminium cases

Early camshaft housings for 911 SWW aluminium cases

Dear all,
    I could need your help with some information. Actually I’m rebuilding a „1966“ S engine with aluminium engine case. But now I`m confused about the correct camshaft housing. It seems, that years ago somebody installed early camshaft houses from 1965 on this engine. In this camshaft houses the oil spray bar for the rocker arms is missing, because it`s was probably for the early “Solex engines” with central lubrication through the camshaft.

Does anybody of you know, how they did with the early 911S engines with aluminium cases?

I guess theses camshaft houses should have the oil spray bar? The part numer 901.105.111.0R is always the same, but there are differences arounds the oil spray bars and the studs.....

It would be great, if somebody could help me with some further information. I add some picture for getting a better idea about the problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If you're asking if a 67S used center lube cams,,,,,no they didn't.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

No, thanks a lot. I know, that the 911S haven’t center lube cams. I would just like to see the correct camshaft housing. I have an engine here which didn`t run for years and it has the cam housing without any spray splash tube, which is very confusing. In my case it`s dated 1965.

I guess it muss must be a cam housing with the spray splash tube and “three bolt fixation” for the early aluminium cases. The valve covers are different in the early one….

Banned
    Actually valve covers are the same 65-67.

What you need are late 66-67 cam towers with spray bar. Should be fairly easy to come by unless you're looking for an exact month in '66.

Quote Originally Posted by Elferhelfer View Post
    Actually I’m rebuilding a „1966“ S engine with aluminium engine case.
    Do you mean a 1967 S engine built in late 1966? What is the engine serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by Elferhelfer View Post
    I would just like to see the correct camshaft housing.
    The picture you posted is the correct camshaft housing for a 1967 S engine.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA