Thread: FS: 1973.5 911T (CIS) Coupe - Viper Green

FS: 1973.5 911T (CIS) Coupe - Viper Green

1973 Porsche 911T (1973.5 CIS Coupe)
    Viper Green exterior (originally Silver Metallic)
    Black leatherette interior (as original)
    VIN: 9113102580
    Engine #: 6134761
    Transmission #: 338740
    Mileage: 150,xxx (50,xxx indicated on odometer, prior records show turned over once)

Putting my 1973.5 911T Coupe up for sale. I describe these 73.5T’s as the perfect “everyday” long hood. The MFI cars rev a little higher and have wonderful throttle response, but the CIS cars have similar power output, start more reliably, run more smoothly, and actually get pretty decent fuel mileage as daily drivers. Plus you don’t have to get hung up about driving it all the time like you might with a six-figure concours car. Numbers matching 2.4L engine and 915 transmission, have Porsche COA in hand.

Based on the partial records I have, I believe I am the 5th owner over the 40+ year life of the car. The car appears to have been sold new at Jack Daniels Audi/Porsche in New Jersey. The 3rd owner was an enthusiast in New England who owned the car for 26 years. During this time the car was resprayed in Viper Green (windows out, trim off) and fiberglass front RS style bumper, fiberglass front fenders, and fiberglass duck tail were fitted and Carrera side decals applied to give the car an RS vibe. The engine was also partially rebuilt at 128K miles though the records of this work unfortunately are no longer with the car.

Under the 4th owner (immediately prior to me, <5K miles ago) some sympathetic restoration work was undertaken to address a couple rust spots and freshen up the car including:
    • New front suspension pan
    • New floor pan (front half)
    • New shocks, SS brake lines, rebuilt calipers
    • H4 headlights
    • Newer carpeting & headliner

Additionally at this time additional engine inspection & maintenance was done by an independent Porsche mechanic including:
    • Engine dismantled, cylinders honed, new piston rings
    • All valves cleaned and adjusted, with new valve seals (has Turbo valve covers)
    • New cam chains (has updated Carrera chain tensioners)
    • All CIS injectors removed, cleaned, bench tested
    • Engine resealed w/ complete gasket kit
    • New Bosch fuel accumulator, new fuel pump, new spark plugs installed

I purchased this car in 2014. Unfortunately shortly after I got it, the front nose got damaged in a low speed impact when an elderly driver pulled out in front of me at a shopping area (pics available). I took the opportunity to make lemons out of lemonade, to replace all RS fiberglass pieces and return the body to stock form. I had F40 Motorsports in Portland, CT (Wayne Carini’s shop for those that watch Chasing Classic Cars) inspect and repair the body damage.

The right front fiberglass fender, front fiberglass RS style bumper, and hood were all dented and the plastic gas tank had a small crack. Thankfully there was no damage to subframe, suspension components, or other areas that needed to be addressed. Both front fenders (not just the damaged right front) were replaced with OEM Porsche steel fenders. Front bumper was replaced with OEM Porsche 911S style steel bumper. Front hood and gas tank were also replaced with OEM parts. I also had an OEM steel rear decklid installed at this time. F40 then did a glass out repaint in Viper Green, and reinstalled all trim with new rubber seals. This work was all completed in 2015.

The niggling stuff I’ve never gotten around too…. car is fitted with a 1980s vintage Blaupunkt cassette head unit, which is currently non-operational. VDO clock is present but also currently non-operational. The map pocket on the passenger side door is not fastened properly at the rear edge and the silver trim at the top of the map pocket is coming loose. The seat belt bolts on the front seats were installed such that the seat back recline adjustment works but the mechanism to fold the seat back forward to access rear seats only moves partially (I think later style bolts were incorrectly fitted at some point). The dash is cracked in the usual spot.

Under my ownership I’ve put between 1-2K miles per year on the car, some daily commute to office or to grocery store, some PCA cars & coffees, some weekend fun drives. Annual oil changes with Valvoline VR1 conventional oil. New Pirelli P6000 N-rated tires installed in 2015. New Coco Mats in front and rear floors. I also had Turbo tie rods fitted (tighter steering feel), a Zuffenhaus 911ST steering wheel (original wheel comes with car), and a Wevo Classic shifter for the 915 transmission (original shifter parts come with car). New Interstate batteries (x2) and new alternator and voltage regulator installed Spring 2017.

Car is located near Providence, RI and is turnkey, ready to go. Inspections welcome (at buyer’s expense) and I can coordinate car transportation with buyer as needed. Car has current Rhode Island registration. Rhode Island does not title vintage cars (older than model year 2000) so the car will be sold with a bill of sale, the current RI registration, and also the New Hampshire title from the prior owner (original title, not a photocopy). Partial records going back to 2007 remain with the car and will go to new owner. Original spare tire, jack, partial tool kit, and owners manual also remain with the car.

I’m a longtime PCA member and Porsche enthusiast. I’m selling this car because I’m fortunate to have other air-cooled 911s and don’t drive this one as much now. Sorry for the mediocre photos, these just from iPhone so I will post better ones in the coming week.

Asking $60,000

IMG_2215.jpgIMG_4453.jpgIMG_4450.jpgIMG_4452.jpgIMG_4448.jpgIMG_4456.jpgIMG_4455.jpgIMG_4454.jpgIMG_4457.jpg1973 911T COA 9113102580.pdf
    =======
    Out driving new & old Porsches and non P-cars

Pics of the front damage and the repair / repaint by F40.

IMG_1804.jpgIMG_0908.jpgIMG_0907.jpgIMG_0909.jpg
    =======

Hi is this car still available , can you please , pm me , also any pics of engine /front trunk / under carriage thanks flatsixman

Car is SOLD. Thanks.
    =======