Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1971 911 T Coupe

FS: 1971 911 T Coupe

Looking to sell my 2 owner 1971 911 T coupe with ~95,000 original miles. I've owned it for about 5 years having purchased it from the original owners. There is no significant rust however it's spent most of its life on the east coast of the US and its 45 years old so there is some. There are a few bubbles under the paint in the lower passenger door and under the rocker moldings but the rockers are otherwise solid. There are also a few spots of rust around the front bumper but nothing major. The front suspension pan, floors and torsion bars are all solid and original. The only damage appears to be a misaligned rear apron where it appears the original owner backed into something.

Mechanically the car is in good working order with no major issues. The engine was rebuilt about 3 years ago with around 3,000 miles or so since rebuild (case machine work done by Ollie's). Total mileage is unknown as the odometer stopped working long before I bought the car but is estimated at about 95,000 based on previous owner estimates. I do not have any maintenance records from the previous owner however, there was an engine rebuild at some point in the late '90's (with new Leistritz muffler fitted). Most of the mechanical parts (5-speed transmission, brake calipers, shocks, struts etc) appear to be original. I've done a lot of upkeep the last several years to make it reliable to include new brake lines, new fuel lines, sorted electrical issues, new CDI box and NOS coil, cleaned / flushed / painted oil tank, new CDI wiring harness, SSI heat exchangers etc. I also bought 4 date match Fuchs (no spare) with new tires and saved the original steel wheels which are included along with complete toolkit and jack. I can also include the original door panels, arm rests, map pockets, steering wheel and sugar scoop headlights in good condition.

The car is an original Albert blue car but was resprayed in Imron paint in the late '90's in a slightly darker shade. The paint shop did not paint the door jams or under the front / rear hoods so it should be easy to repaint the car in its original color. The paint job was not well executed and the paint shop didn't take anything off the car, just masked around it. I've done some cleaning of seals and have replaced both front and rear window seals so it's less obvious and to fix leaks. There are some chips in various places on the car including the front bumper and along the passenger side where the wife of the original owner would ding it with her car door in the garage. Overall the paint job is best described as a “10-footer” but is still adequate for a driver.

I do not have a COA but the car was confirmed matching numbers via PCNA's COA department.

The car isn't perfect but is a great driver. I've repaired as needed to make it a good reliable car and it gets driven a lot. PPIs are welcome and if there are any questions please PM and I’ll answer them.

Pictures available here:

http://imgur.com/a/9bcFw

Asking $58,500 OBO

Serious inquiries only please.

Stretch

111_1118.jpg

111_1121.jpg

111_1122.jpg

111_1125.jpg

111_1129.jpg

111_1134.jpg

111_1130.jpg
    Last edited by Stretch32; 08-18-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Confirmed Matching Numbers
    Registry # 3063

Stretch, Looks like a good honest car. GLWS
    Mark

I've personally seen this 911. It's extremely nice and a good solid honest car. It's priced nicely IMHO.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 914/4 2.8 ltr. (FTD winner 2008 Charlotte Parade) (sold)
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    1973 914/6 GT 3.2 "Crystal Blue Persuasion" (sold)
    2011 Boxster Spyder
    1973 911 E "E GO" Metallic Green

Stretch,
    Where is the car located in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    Stretch,
    Where is the car located in Florida?
    No, its currently in Virginia Beach.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

Hi Stretch,
    Are you able to submit ( either on the forum or PM me) the cars engine, G/box, chassis and paint code numbers.
    A couple of pictures of the rust in the door and rocker mouldings would be much appreciated.
    Mark.

Bump.

Added some extra pictures to the photo link.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

What I Look For . . .

. . . niiiiiiiiiiice!

. . . + another thread . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...o-You-Look-For

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Bump, reduced the asking price some.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

a good driver in the 50's.