Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Vintage MOMO Elite Steering Wheel - 360mm

FS: Vintage MOMO Elite Steering Wheel - 360mm

Up for sale is my very RARE vintage MOMO Elite steering wheel with AWESOME patina. It is wrapped in it's original leather. It is one of the best condition wheels I have come across.

There is no date stamp however the "stacked" MOMO logo dates it to the late-60's early 70's.

The wheel is approximately 14.5", or ~360mm in diameter. It is wrapped in it's original leather and is in excellent condition for it's age. There are no tears, no rips and 99% of the stitching is intact. The leather is actually quite supple and has developed a nice brownish patina to it. The wheel is straight and true.

I am asking $850 for the steering wheel (shipped CONUS).

The MOMO 230 solid hub pictured is sold separately, $500 (shipped CONUS). It will include the cancel ring.

The MOMO Vintage "Porsche" horn button (sold separately), from what I understand is a vintage piece (not a reproduction). It has the solid silver ring made of metal as opposed to silver painted plastic (one you would find on reproductions). Asking $250 (shipped CONUS).

If purchased all together (steering wheel, hub, and horn button) -- $1,400 (shipped CONUS). I'm located in San Francisco, CA - local inspections are welcomed.

Thanks,
    Patrick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1970 911 S Coupe
    Early911S Registry Member #3541

I will take everything. PM sent.

Looks to be a great deal!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    It was, and Patrick was great to do business with. Now the wait for arrival starts...

Funds received - all items have been sold.

Congratulations ibmiked and good luck on your '67S project!
    1970 911 S Coupe
    Early911S Registry Member #3541

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    Appropriately priced IMO considering what appears to be stress fractures on both horizontal spokes. The leather patina is lovely and it looks to have been redyed at some point. Pretty sure the stitching should be white.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

The stress cracks don't show when viewing on my phone but I have a similar Elite that does not have white stitching so I suspect this is original leather.

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Appropriately priced IMO considering what appears to be stress fractures on both horizontal spokes. The leather patina is lovely and it looks to have been redyed at some point. Pretty sure the stitching should be white.
    Hi Michael... black stitching is correct
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    Hi Michael... black stitching is correct
    Whaddya say! That's a cool detail I didn't know. Just assumed they were similar to the other period wheels.

That is why you are the MA MO. Cheers for that Mark!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

The Elite basically has the same stitching as the Le Mans, but with black thread.

Congrats Mike, you sneaky...