Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loving my 911....

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar

Loving my 911....

I did some math. Over the last 4-5 years I've driven my '72 911 over 40,000 miles since I rebuilt the engine, and many more before that. It's given me some great driving experiences, great family experiences, and given me the excuse to meet and talk to a lot of interesting people, some of them you guys. There really is something special about these. There's always a sliver of me that wonders what else I could get if I sold it. That emotion is overwhelmed by the ownership I've had so far. Here's to another 40...

-Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Thumbs up

Outstanding post Kris...... That says it.... and I know what'cha mean.....

BTW- Congrats on your 356 Carrera article in PANO.... Great words, great pics....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thank you very much!
    -Kris Clewell

So great to hear. I smile every time I see your posts. Glad to see it finally found the right home.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Yes the Carrera2 article in Pano is a good read.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Chris - I rarely post - but I am an avid reader. Your posts, in particular your longer stories, have always been an inspiration to me. Love your approach to your 911 - the use of it as a daily driver, the photos you take of it. Great stories, great photos .... many many thanks!!!

Best, Marcus
    '70 E Coupe Pastel Blue
    '73 S Targa Gold Metallic
    Registry #2890

it would be hard to better the ownership/experiences of an early 911.......but I would say there are other rides that one could consider.

That being said, I always enjoy your posts, pics etc etc etc

What Marcus said. Your enthusiasm and joy comes through. Only had my '83 about 15 months, already rebuilt the engine myself, and am loving it. I've met some pretty amazing people since I got in, several through EarlyS (even though I'm driving a short hood) Your article on whats it really like to own an air cooled 911 really ticked a lot of boxes for me and your approach to the car is right up my alley. I put 7000 miles on mine last year between April and November. Hope you're coming down to Cedar Rapids for the 356 Holiday, would love to get a closer look at your car.
    Early S Registry Member #3291

Still hunting for my dad's (Roger Abraham) '70T Coupe in Light Ivory
    Purchased new from Gruber Porsche Cedar Rapids, IA

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words!
    -Kris Clewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jameel View Post
    What Marcus said. Your enthusiasm and joy comes through. Only had my '83 about 15 months, already rebuilt the engine myself, and am loving it. I've met some pretty amazing people since I got in, several through EarlyS (even though I'm driving a short hood) Your article on whats it really like to own an air cooled 911 really ticked a lot of boxes for me and your approach to the car is right up my alley. I put 7000 miles on mine last year between April and November. Hope you're coming down to Cedar Rapids for the 356 Holiday, would love to get a closer look at your car.
    I'm not, but you should come up for my show eurowerks. Its not too far from you! Biggest euro show in the midwest.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1810...011/?ref=br_rs
    -Kris Clewell