Thread: Seller "Maverick" Mitch Kaye

Seller "Maverick" Mitch Kaye

I wouldn't buy anything from Mitch Kaye, Maverick. I bought a fender from him that he claimed was "super solid" and had been repaired. I paid him $975 plus $125 shipping.

When I received the fender I noticed some spots that didn't look right. I stripped the areas and found old and brand new kitty hair that had obviously just been put in.

Fender was originally for sale for $400. When I contacted him he said his shop was repairing it and the price was now more than double.

I sent him texts and pictures. He made excuses but said send it back. Then he ghosted me and didn't respond. I was irked at the idea of paying $250 round trip shipping for someone else's dishonesty. He didn't answer phone calls or texts.

Today I tried to mount the fender. It's complete garbage in every way. So I started texting him again. Now he responds and says it's my fault for not sending it back. As if there was some sort of statute of limitations on being dishonest. And he will "inspect it and make sure I didn't damage it" laughable, as if somehow his dishonesty should not be discovered and I'm at his mercy.

Mitch said "my reputation is worth than money" when we were speaking about the fender. Apparently, your reputation is worth $975. I know you're never going to refund me, therefore the price of my honesty is $1,100.

Name: IMG_4818.jpg
    Views: 0
    Size: 61.4 KBName: IMG_4819.jpg
    Views: 0
    Size: 44.6 KB

Seller: Mitch Kaye "Maverick"

Name:  IMG_4819.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  44.6 KBI wouldn't buy anything from Mitch Kaye, Maverick. I bought a fender from him that he claimed was "super solid" and had been repaired. I paid him $975 plus $125 shipping.

When I received the fender I noticed some spots that didn't look right. I stripped the areas and found old and brand new kitty hair that had obviously just been put in.

Fender was originally for sale for $400. When I contacted him he said his shop was repairing it and the price was now more than double.

I sent him texts and pictures. He made excuses but said send it back. Then he ghosted me and didn't respond. I was irked at the idea of paying $250 round trip shipping for someone else's dishonesty. He didn't answer phone calls or texts.

Today I tried to mount the fender. It's complete garbage in every way. So I started texting him again. Now he responds and says it's my fault for not sending it back. As if there was some sort of statute of limitations on being dishonest. And he will "inspect it and make sure I didn't damage it" laughable, as if somehow his dishonesty should not be discovered and I'm at his mercy.

Mitch said "my reputation is worth than money" when we were speaking about the fender. Apparently, your reputation is worth $975. I know you're never going to refund me, therefore the price of my honesty is $1,100.

Name:  IMG_4818.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  61.4 KB
    Last edited by Puma; 08-05-2017 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Added photo

!!!! Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 376
Size:  6.6 KB
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Banned
    When did this take place?

If you had doubts why wouldn't you pay the 4% extra? I mean, I get it, a dollar is a dollar. I'm always amazed when someone says "please send it as friends and family so I don't get charged" and the buyer is like ok. Instead be like, "I haven't had good luck with that in the past so I'll add the $40 (on $1000 purchase).
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

You guys can discuss or whatever. I'm not interested in some drawn out argument. I'm sure mitch will chime in and say it's all my fault. Someday I might just bump into him and we'll have a nice chat. Until then I'll hang this worthless fender on the wall as a gentle reminder. I said my piece and that's that.

I am not in this story but have bought 2 lots of seats from Mitch that he has shipped to Australia and I have been very happy with both so I am surprised and sorry you are having issues.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Shift Knob Maker
    Ah, the old "friends and family" problem again. If the seller is legit, they will accept that paypal is providing a services and deserve to be compensated for it and accept the fees (cost of doing business). If a buyer gets convinced to buy something and not have any recourse then shame on them. Especially of that value.

Just my 2 cents.
    Mark..