Thread: Door/ window channel

Door/ window channel

I am looking for opinions on the best source/ supplier of the door frame channel that fit in the LWB aluminium door frames.

Is the current offering from Porsche like the original.? Any opinions on the other door felt / channel to the door glass area would also be greatly appreciated. I am just about to re-assemble my doors and would like to use parts that look like the originals.

Thanks in advance

Dave

I really like what International Mercantile sells. They are also extremely easy to deal with.
    Good luck!
    Jay
    1946 Willys Army Jeep
    1956 356A Cab
    1957 356A Speedster
    1959 Austin-Healey Sprite
    1962 356B Notchback
    1969 911T 'Speedster'
    1971 911S
    1974 Ford Ranchero
    1986 911 Carrera Cab
    1993 Audi V8Q
    2001 Mazda Miata 'Daughters Car'
    2008 Audi S6
    2018 Panamera 4S 'Wife's Car'

Maybe the Porsche supplied stuff looks like the original, or everyone's on vacation.

Maybe, hopefully, someone has a source for a new window seal that press-fits onto the door top garnish rail that replicates the original. Nothing I've seen comes close.
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I am looking for opinions on the best source/ supplier of the door frame channel that fit in the LWB aluminium door frames.

Is the current offering from Porsche like the original.? Any opinions on the other door felt / channel to the door glass area would also be greatly appreciated. I am just about to re-assemble my doors and would like to use parts that look like the originals.

Thanks in advance

Dave
    Dave, I'm sure not aware of any supplier that makes that hard backed original stuff.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed. I seem to recall someone posting on the forum that the frame channel from Porsche is rubbish.?
    Maybe i have no choice.

Dave

I have successfully used what PORSCHE is offering as replacements in two very recent restorations and am entirely happy with them in terms of appearance and performance...very easy install, windows operate perfectly, etc. I would certainly disagree with the notion that these are rubbish in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Thanks Ed. I seem to recall someone posting on the forum that the frame channel from Porsche is rubbish.?
    Maybe i have no choice.

Dave

Thanks Mac. Just wanted to explore all the options. I recently purchased a handbrake boot from Porsche , what a waste of time that was...!