Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proper socket for heater control

Correct socket for heater control

As I am getting my car step by step back to its original specs I am now rebuilding the heater system. Some former owner ripped out pretty much all of that...
    The heater control cable is fitted a round 6-pin plug. What is the correct part number for the matching socket and where does it go?
    Is it in that round hole between the glovebox and the radio?

Thx for your help,
    Tom
    Last edited by tomster; 08-11-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Knowing what car this is for might help, and possibly a picture,,,,try as I might I can't grasp what you're looking for? I'm thinking the heater control cable is that which goes thru the tunnel,,,obviously we're not on the same page here.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Sorry for the confusion Ed,
    the car is a 1970 2.2 S. What I am looking for ist the correct socket and location where the 6-pin plug (with white front section) from the heater/fresh air control on the dash goes. I was assuming the socket could fit a hole in the front wall just between the radio and the glove box.
    Since my car is missing pretty much all of it I can't provide more information on socket and further cables.

Here you go...hope the photo helps (my car is also a 70-S but the location of this socket/plug is common to at least 69-73 cars). It is located between the radio and glovebox.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

have seen two different hole pattern in this area for mod.year 70

I managed to drop by my garage during lunch break.
    This is what I have on my car:
    Name:  IMG_20170814_121313.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  85.2 KBName:  IMG_20170814_121323.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  40.9 KB

As you can see, the socket is missing and therefore also the wiring from the battery and to the fan on the air box. So any information on that is gladly appreciated.

Your photo matches the one I took..meaning they are in the same location so that's a good start, but am confused by your question re the missing socket and associated wiring...how would anyone of us know where that is or am I misunderstanding your question?

Yep, our pictures look very much alike.
    Seems like I could not get through what I am actually asking for. Ok, I'll try again:
    I am looking for the correct socket(s)/ part number(s) to be able to restore the wiring from the dash heater control to the fan in the luggage compartment.
    Option 1:
    The easiest way (yet the hardest one to actually find) would be to fit that portion of an original wiring harness.
    Option 2:
    Buy the correct sockets as single piece and do the wiring from scratch.

I cannot find either one in the parts catalogue (no pictures) on "Bildtafel 902-10 ff". All I can find are wiring harnesses for the air condition, but I need the one for the heater. The sockets alone don't seem to be on the catalogue at all.
    Did I get my point across now? Sorry, but English is not my native language...

--edit--
    In this video you can see the the harness I am probably looking for in the first seconds on the lower left side:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1wEmGpG8SU
    Last edited by tomster; 08-14-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Understood, and your English is just fine! I would post a WTB (wanted ad) in the Registry for what you need (your option 1)....even if you have to buy more of the front trunk wiring harness than you actually need. There are folks on this forum who monitor the WANTED 911 PARTS postings and I am sure can help. Is this the only piece of the wiring harness you are missing?

I believe the more common terminology,,,,or at least to me,,,,is electrical bulkhead connectors, and yes I'm certain they are shown separately in the Porsche parts system. You might also consider contacting "Kroon " in the Netherlands, he makes wiring harnesses and might be able to supply what you need.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.