Thread: Where do these oil line "pipe clips" go?

Where do these oil line "pipe clips" go?

The hose clamps shown in the photo are referred to on Illustration 1/6 in the Parts Manual as "pipe clips" (# 999.511.049.02).

Can someone provide a photo showing where these clips go? and where/how they are attached?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This may help

Name:  Blue car lines-2 .jpg
Views: 223
Size:  107.3 KB

Additonally as a suggestion- don't set any screws or drill holes until the whole ext line setup is in place and you like the way everything fits. Then drill and install. This tip was passed along to me when I install my ext cooler and lines. Really was a good suggestion.
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

That is a good suggestion. Thank you.

The photo is of a front end, right?

To the extent it matters, my car is swb. If you have a photo of the engine lines that would use those clips, it would be REALLY helpful.

Yes, front end.

I dont have any SWB line pictures.
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

There will be a small right angle tab on the trans side cover, one clip goes there, another will be a tab on the top starter bolt, the other clamp bolts there. On early cars the flexible oil line went over the top of the trans. All pictured in the parts book.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I always know that input from ed mayo can be converted to cash. Thanks, ed.

Looking at Illus. 1/6, aren't there 3 clips on this line?

Yes that's right, as I think someone else mentioned there would also be one on the lower bolt of the 1-2-3 side engine tin. Was doing from memory forgot the third one
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Theyblook like Adel clamps, used on aircraft and come in a variety of sizes. Aircraft Spruce carries a tool for installing them, consisting of a modified pliers and an awl for aligning the holes.

location of "pipe clips" for oil lines

As many of you have observed, I am a huge fan of the Registry and the value it adds to our hobby of these classic cars. The most recent example of this value was provided by Mark Smedley, regarding the obscure "pipe clips" that hold the pressurized oil line in place.

Mark's photos, below, remove any question as to their proper location.

Thank you so much, Mark.
    Attached Images Attached Images