Thread: Eric's sound pad

Eric's sound pad

I trial fitted the pad. It fits nicely. At the bottom there were a couple of wrinkles by the black area just above the shocks. Do they go away over time? The pad was all the way to the bottom and even on both sides. It was also perfect at the very top.
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

I just finished this task in my 69 E. It fit very well, but also snug in the same place you described. There were a few small wrinkles, but you'll never see them behind the engine. It's as good a product and fit as you can produce I think. I'd hate to try and trim it as you'll disturb the factory edge. Just take your time with a hand held roller and you can get it pretty flat.
    1969 911 E #824

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Hi Guys,
    Care to share your tried and tried tips on a perfect engine pad install? The hand roller sounds good.
    My next task.
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

Gary, I used a very good quality brush on adhesive, and brushed it on both sides pretty liberally. Let it tack up for a good long while before attempting the install. I did a complete dry fit first, which was a bit of work, but better than wrestling with a glued version. Once you go for the final install, I started at the base along the shock towers and worked towards the top. I used a hand held pastry roller with two sizes on either end. One roller was about 2 inches and the other about 4 inches. This allowed me to get into small areas. Take your time and you will get it just fine. Good luck on your project...Steve
    1969 911 E #824

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Thanks Steve.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306

chris
    what are those?
    factory fitted?

I believe they are the backing plates for the parcel shelf, shoulder belt mounts.
    Name:  SeatBeltHarnessMount03_800x600.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  223.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
    I believe they are the backing plates for the parcel shelf, shoulder belt mounts.
    Name:  SeatBeltHarnessMount03_800x600.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  223.1 KB
    right,right,right...

Moito,
    Yes they're factory fitted shoulder harness brackets. My 67 also came with 68 sized bolt holes for the 3 point belts on the side of the rear seats. I tried to install 67 belts but the bolts were too small and I had to exchange them for 68's. My car is a late 67 and it came with a few 68 parts. When I first purchased it I didn't know what those holes were on the rear shelf.
    Chris
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Here is a picture inside of the car.
    www.reSeeWorks.com