Thread: Fuel Tank Strainer Fitting Issues

Fuel Tank Strainer Fitting Issues

I just replaced a Fuel Tank Strainer fitting on a MFI car. The part I received was P/N 901-2010023-06-M100 with a Fuel Tank Fitting Seal N-013-827-3-M100.

Two things that I noticed: The replacement strainer outlet was a smaller diameter tube as opposed to the original 8mm ID secondly, the fiber washer seal was a very sloppy fit.

This posed two issues: finding a compromise for the ID of the flexible hose to make up for the difference in the fuel line through the body and the strainer output. The second issue is that the
    fuel strainer is leaking ever so slightly due to the strainer gasket. I have applied enough force that applying any more torque may strip out the brass threads

Does the MFI engine have to use a 8mm output on the strainer? The car ran ok with the smaller ID

What is a suitable fitting seal for the strainer to the tank fitting?

Thanks,
    Larry

I don't have the parts book here, but what you got was the fuel strainer for the Webasto feed, it is 6mm, you do need the 8mm one since the fuel feed line is 9mm i.d. Is the original strainer useable? better to clean and reuse than dealing with ill fitting parts.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.