Thread: FS: Weber 40IDS Carbs - Rebuilt by Bieker Engineering

(Sold) FS: Weber 40IDS Carbs & Manifolds - Bieker Engineering Overhauled ($4,500)

SOLD. For sale is a set of Weber 40IDS carbs (#26 & #166) that were rebuilt by H.G. Bieker Engineering back in the days when they were located in Burbank, Calif. Carbs were rebuilt in October 1988 (too bad they don't charge those prices today). They were put in a box shortly after receiving them as I installed a set of Solexes on my 1965 engine.

$4,500, plus shipping & PayPal fees.

Bieker comments on S Registry: Any feedback about Bieker Engineering

These were boxed, wrapped in newspaper and stored in foam in a dry, cool basement for the past 29 years. Everything moves freely and is nice and tight. Along with the photos, I have included two receipts for their rebuild dated 10/1/88. It's been a long time since I stored these and I really can't recall if I ever ran them or not. From their appearance, I would say not.

There was one concern with carb #166 as it appeared to have a small crack in the housing. At the time, Bieker said it did not affect their operation/performance and said he'd address it and inject something (I can't recall what) when they were overhauled. He also said if it bothered me, he could use JB Weld, or similar, but said he didn't recommend it as it wasn't necessary (see photo). The carb body also has some fading/wear to the lettering on the casting.

These are complete and ready to run. They come with air horns and, I believe an incorrect 1969 manifold in excellent condition. What is in the photos is what you will receive, very carefully packed and insured.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Weber 40IDS #26

33.jpg

36.jpg

35.jpg

38.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 34.jpg (130.4 KB, 634 views)
    Last edited by spinmd; 01-27-2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Sold
    Ron

Weber 40IDS #166

20.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

30.jpg

26.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spinmd; 09-05-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    Ron

Bump for new, lowered price. Will consider trades for a modified (more power) Volkswagen early Bay Window motor ('69-'71).
    Ron