Thread: FS: Faux Minilites

FS: Faux Minilites

Faux Minilites, don't know the mfg. 4 wheels 61/2 x 15 with lug nuts & washers (note: 1 lug nut is missing and several washers) also one wheel has some scuffing on two of the spokes, scuffing is only superficial, wheels are not cracked or bent. $250.00 plus PP & Shipping
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bernd Buschen
    R Gruppe # 357
    71' 914-6 Original Owner
    70' 914-6 GT Stoddard Built
    69' 911E Scott's car
    70' 914-6 Sold

Ill buy these, PM sent

Not interested in the wheels but these are 100% legitimate Minilite aluminum wheels made in jolly ol England.

Thats my impression also. Ill throw in a set of 2.0E very low mile Mahle pistons if still needed and I buy these.

I'd like to buy these if they are still available. Please email me if they are.

danieltom86@gmail.com

Known as Minilite Sport Wheels and first appeared in the early Seventies.

These are the miniheavy version.

About 50% heavier than the Mag Wheels on a like for like basis but as these wheels are die cast rather than Sand Cast they tend to have thinner sections so the increased was more like 30%.

They tended to be a little lighter than some of the other Aftermarket Aluminium Wheels used on Rally cars at the time they were first introduced.

There were lighter Aluminium Wheels being made at the time but they tended to break out the centres when used hard - The old Dunlop Wheel was a classic example. Great on a track but lasted a relatively short time on gravel.

There is a very limited size range of cast magnesium 'Minilites' now being manufactured as all of the Official 'Magnesium Look' wheels are heavier than the 'Sport' Wheels.

Minilite themselves do not produce any Magnesium Wheels

We can obtain new 6" x 15" and 7" x 15" Heat Treated Magnesium Castings but the cost is eye-watering.

There are correctly sand-cast using hardwood patterns in the same way as the originals and have the correct appearance.

They are cast in a foundry which has all of the approvals for the manufacture of Aircraft parts so quality control is very good.

Hi guys-

Sorry for being silent for the past few days. First off I'm selling these for a client and thinking they were Faux wheels didn't give them much priority. I feel I should run this scenario past the owner before accepting a deal. Unfortunately he is on vacation in Ireland and have not been able to get in touch with him. Not sure how to handle this, so please be patient.

Thx,
    Bernie
    Bernd Buschen
    R Gruppe # 357
    71' 914-6 Original Owner
    70' 914-6 GT Stoddard Built
    69' 911E Scott's car
    70' 914-6 Sold