Thread: SWB with sunroof drain through engine compartment

SWB with sunroof drain through engine compartment

i recently had a look at a 65 911 with sunroof.vin was 301below500
    after i noticed that it does not have the drain slots i had a look at the engine compartment to see if it has the drains exiting at the rear window corners.
    quite surprisingly it dwas not the case.

i was quite astonished seeing the drain tubes run through the engine compartment and exit through the rear crossmember/slam panel

the car was /still is used as a rally car and heavily abused
    i had not much time to investigate further to see if the car left the factory with the sunroof .
    lots of bondo etc that made it hard to tell
    but the sunroof looked like a factory sunroof at least when closed(could not open it)
    anyone seen this before?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have seen a few variations on early cars, and also early roofs with front drains also.

Perhaps it is Golde fitted and not factory?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...7&d=1496806276

Quote Originally Posted by 9er View Post
    I have seen a few variations on early cars, and also early roofs with front drains also.

Perhaps it is Golde fitted and not factory?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...7&d=1496806276
    Chris
    as mentioned above i had not much time to spend with the car.
    but it is just 5 min away from my place.will take more pics next time i go there...

was this through engine compartment solution one of the variations you saw?

thanks for the link
    franz

Franz, I looked for images today but could not find what I wanted.
    Your picture is the only one that I have seen with hard lines nicely routed to the body.
    This is a good thread, http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Sun-Roof-Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 9er View Post
    Franz, I looked for images today but could not find what I wanted.
    Your picture is the only one that I have seen with hard lines nicely routed to the body.
    This is a good thread, http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Sun-Roof-Coupe
    thanks for the lead,Chris

will move to there...