Thread: FS: Recaro LS and LX Seats-

FS: Recaro LS and LX Seats-

Hey All-

These were a bit of an impulse buy I made some time ago while I was building my ST. I thought I'd have two sets of seats; one set of fiberglass ST buckets (which are currently installed) and a "touring" set to be used on long distance trips. Well, now that my car is done and I'm very happy with the Vintage ST buckets, I don't really envision myself swapping in these "touring" seats for a long trip. As nice and comfortable as they are, these are just taking up garage space. Still, I'm a reluctant seller as I seem to be with anything I decide to part with. (I believe I'd qualify as a hoarder)

Being offered are a pair of Recaro bucket seats made in 1988 in close to new condition. One is an LX and one is an LS, although the bases appear to be identical. Look at the photos and you can see one seat has bigger bolsters than the other. Both seat bases feature the extended thigh support. They are covered in that wonderful grippy Black Recaro fabric and there is not a flaw anywhere on these seats. Any wear from prior use is hardly detectable; they really look as close to new as possible. I even have the original warranty card and build sheet from Recaro. Underside (not photo'd) they look as good as the top. These are plug and play, nothing needs to be fixed, recovered or anything of the sorts. Price? $2000 plus shipping, although I'm hoping a SoCal buyer wants these and I'd be happy to meet someplace and hand em' over.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Ok, it looks like I’ve overpriced these. That must mean I overpaid how about $1800?

Another thing, the seat bottoms are different. The LS has bolsters which are about 10mm higher (deeper) than on the LX. They look almost identical, but I measured them.
    Last edited by NickP; 09-29-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

PM sent with a few questions...thank you

Reply sent.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

I may be confused......

but the LS should have the higher more aggressive bolsters

Quote Originally Posted by 70tangerine View Post
    I may be confused......

but the LS should have the higher more aggressive bolsters
    Actually, I may be confused. I couldn’t recall if it was the LS or LX that has the more aggressive bolsters and I was just lazy to not look at some old Recaro brochures to confirm. Thanks, I’ll edit my earlier post.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

These seats are no longer for sale. Mac73s- I sent you an email.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Nick - email received and thank you. Entirely understand your reasons for holding on to these.