Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear window wiper early SWB cars - documentation help needed

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Bump, anybody? Perhaps someone out here knows the current owner of the BHCC car?
    The guy is probably too ashamed to admit he bought it. I do know a person that got a pretty good deal from them, though.
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 03-08-2022 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    The guy is probably too ashamed to admit he bought it. I do know a person that got a pretty good deal from, though.
    Hey Jim, wonder who that is

It has been a long time since I last posted on this thread.

With help from the factory picture recently posted by Brett I have tried to duplicate to cover block used by the factory. I spent some time this weekend on the Deckel machining a first test piece. It is about 90% there. Judging from the proportions in Brett's picture it is a bit to wide. I also need to spend a bit more time duplicating all the subtle curves so it will sit more flush. I have no idea if the factory used a gasket underneath the block.

Once I am happy with the dummy piece I will make some 1-2 more, polish them and send them out for bright dipping. The other side of the lid appears to have had a little plate also. judging from the picture in the workshop manual it is just a simple plate with a 90 degree bent. Should be easy to fab.

Name:  IMG_20210516_163517_1.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  87.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20210516_163439.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  67.8 KB

Free bump.

Anyone (else) w a 65/66 w rear window wiper that can help Joris w some detail questions regarding the alu piece and may be the shaft?

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Did a mock-up today using the 67 and later bellcrank. Looks way to high to my eyes in comparison to period pictures. I will probably go ahead and chuck off about 10mm to bring everything down. Curious what people think.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thumbs up Found this picture on my old PC

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Did a mock-up today using the 67 and later bellcrank. Looks way to high to my eyes in comparison to period pictures. I will probably go ahead and chuck off about 10mm to bring everything down. Curious what people think.
    Name:  DB0EBB7E-98C4-47A3-AA9B-01C75367802E.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  89.9 KB

Looks pretty much the same, but might be different if you compare them.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Bumping this thread. Would love to find a car with the early set-up on there to confirm some measurements and other details

Keeping this thread alive. Recent factory picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bumping again, there must be someone out there with the early assembly on their car

Bump to the top