Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1972/73 only shock absorber bolts

1972/73 only shock absorber bolts

For the 1972/73 cars only, the shock absorber lower mount was fixed to the trailing arm via a 95mm long M14 bolt.

My car was converted to aluminium trailing arms, i am putting it back to steel and so i need 2 of these original bolts if anyone has spares. I can get modern repro but am after original. If you have any, am interested to know the manufacturer on the head, happy to buy singles.

Thanks

Andrew

I should have them. PM me with your email for pics and price.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Tom was not able to help so if anyone else has these bolts, am all ears!

Thanks

Andrew...do you have any pictures of the bolts you need...can check to see what I have...Thanks

i dont have any photos i am afraid because i dont have the bolts! all i have are the dimensions M14 x 95mm

Am also after half a dozen of the k head self tapper screws for the fender attachment

I've got "K" screws...how many you need....will look for the 95xM14

I just realised that i have a similar bolt, its just 1 centimeter too short. Here is a photo of that if that helps.

7 of the K head self tappers would sort me out. I believe there are 2 sorts of K on the head and i am after this sort (others had a thicker rim around the K and i have some of those which i am trying to replace)

And here is a comparison of the size of each for scale

All help gratefully received!!

Was just out in the shed.
    Here's whats on my 72. total length 104mm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    S Registry#2021

they're the ones - the 2 that i have are 94mm overall length (including the bolt head) so 10mm too short!

Fingers crossed Jhora can help me out!
    Last edited by Dougieboy1; 01-05-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Sorry...I don't have any 104mm size bolts...only the 95mm size.
    I have 7 of the K" screws