Thread: New member Intro

New member Intro

Hello all,

My name is Nigel Aston Samuel and I live in New Zealand. I'm so proud to say I drive a 1971 Porsche 911T Coupe because it's given me so much satisfaction from driving and doing some maintenance on it. It's so simple and functional and it's form is so pleasing to my eye. By today's standards that seems to be a very difficult task to do.

I would like to gather the history of my car and I'm sure I'm not the first to do this so was wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction or even a name to contact.

Thanks,
    Nigel

Nigel,

Welcome to the board, I'm sure one of our contributors in your country will try to start you in the right direction...

Cheers,
    cm
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 10-23-2017 at 09:04 AM.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Is that a RHD car? I do have some contacts for others in New Zealand.
    Dave
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Hi DaveP. Yes it is a RHD car now and was converted in '96 when it arrived in New Zealand.

I'm a member of PCCNZ, early 911 NZ and aircooled NZ which are the pre 73 and pre 89 Porsche car clubs. In doing so I have met some amazing people.

Cheers,
    Nigel
    Last edited by Nigelaston; 10-27-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Hi Nigel,
    I am unclear as to what you are asking?? History prior to being imported to NZ or its NZ history.
    So your car was built LHD and converted to RHD.
    There are many posts / threads on this site that will direct you as to whether it was designated for US or ROW by your VIN number as a start.
    Re NZ history,, that is able to trace through its VIN as well via CarJam.
    Mark

Hi Mark,

I would like the history prior to NZ as you say I can carjam this for the NZ owners/periods etc.

I'll search the forums a bit more. I was hoping someone whose gone through this might of seen this and shared a website/contact that can help with this.

Cheers,

Hi Nigel,
    Were you able to track down the original owner who imported it,
    There is a thread here called "show my ride". Place a post, include a few pictures,the vin #, paint code #, and a brief note of wanting any info.
    I think Chuck thought you were wanting the NZ history as you did not originally mention that it was a ex US car.
    Are you sure the car was from the US?? Euro have a different digit in the VIN which is easily checked on line.
    Hope this helps.
    Mark

Hi, im waiting on the details of the first one owner then will flick him an email. Will look into that post. Thanks mate