Thread: 911 stainless steel heat exchangers

911 stainless steel heat exchangers

A set of stainless heat exchangers removed from my 67S a couple of years back. They are in decent condition could do with a bit of a clean.

£600 plus shipping costs. Located in the UK, can organise shipment overseas.

regards
    Mark

heat exchanger 1.jpg
    heat exchanger 2.jpg
    heat exchanger 3.jpg
    heat exchanger 4.jpg

Hi Mark, what's the boss on the LH one just past the 3-1 collector? (looks like a blanked off oxygen sensor boss?) If so, assume LH is not '67? Can't see the boss on the RH one. Are these an unmatched pair, or originally for a later car? Please can you confirm if possible, thanks.

(PS, whereabouts in UK are you? may be able to take a closer look at them if you are amenable to that)

Regards,

Mike.
    Last edited by MikeyC; 10-23-2017 at 11:28 PM.
    Mikey C. ESR Membership #3333
    http://www.mceporsche.com

Hi Mike

I will take a closer look at the LH one. Both came off my 67S which had been stripped out for rallying, so they may well be from a later car. I am in Kent in the south east

regards
    Mark

Thanks Mark, appreciated. If they've come from an engine that's been raced-up a bit, it may be a boss for an exhaust gas temperature sensor (although it's a bit too far downstream for that really). The size of the thread on the blanking plug should give it away.

Cheers,

Mike.

Thanks mark, intriguing! Lockwired - definitely racey then. I can't tell what that boss was for without cutting the lockwire, removing the blanking plug and checking the bore size, but I guess you may not want to do that? If so, no bother, it is what it is!

They look like 69-71 MFI h/e's. The MFI cold start outlet is closed (the pressed together pipe) as it would not have been connected in a 67. Will fit and function exactly like the 67 h/e's that do not have the MFI-outlet. The capped boss is probably a welded in bung for an O2 sensor, great for tuning carbs (in the case of a 67S) with an AFR-meter.

Thanks for clearing this up Mikael, much appreciated