Thread: 67S fuse block wiring issue

67S fuse block wiring issue

Hello all,
    Need some help here. Long story uber short: purchase my 67 911S from an individual who had it fitted as a vintage racer for the past 25 years. Purchased the car along with extra parts and all of the original parts. The original wiring harness was removed and they installed a "racing" harness - just running what was needed. I am about finished with my conversion back to a street outlaw. Leaving the racing harness to run the motor and related electronics. I installed the original harness - piggy backed over the racing one. So after multiple home run testing of all the wiring and getting about everything back up and working - I am puzzled by this one thing.

I have a 5th solid yellow wire. All of the harness wiring schematics that I have seen a total of 6 (4 solid and 2 yellow/white (or white/yellow). I tried to find the end of where this wire ends up. I seems to run back into a main harness that runs to the interior and splits off to the turn signals and ignition. I pulled the two solid yellow wire ends to trace these. One is the starter (hooked up thru the racing harness - the factory one is left disconnected) and the other goes to the turn singal switch.

I checked for continuity - neither one worked. Here is a pic - alittle out of focus so I may try that again.

Any one have pics of their fuse blocks with 5 yellow base wires? I assume it has something to do with lighting, because any yellow wire seems to be connected to lights.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Name:  Fuse Block.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  120.1 KB
    Last edited by mrm930; 10-29-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    DD: 2008 Aston Matin V8 Vantage (manual)
    Wife's: 2020 Cayenne (white - black/red)
    2008 Porsche GT3-RS (modified)
    1978 Porsche 930 (heavily modified)
    1967 Porsche 911S outlaw (sold)

I checked the 4 connected wires for continuity and all work and are connected to the correct light, switch or relay.
    DD: 2008 Aston Matin V8 Vantage (manual)
    Wife's: 2020 Cayenne (white - black/red)
    2008 Porsche GT3-RS (modified)
    1978 Porsche 930 (heavily modified)
    1967 Porsche 911S outlaw (sold)