Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A lousy, Rainy, cold Saturday Morning in Emeryville

A lousy, Rainy, cold Saturday Morning in Emeryville

Can't keep a bunch of diehards from a Cup Of Coffee and a doughnut or 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Boo Hoo ! I took the '68 912 out on Oct. 31st likely for the final run this season. Once the Snow & Salt-Rocks hit the roadway, I put the 912 away until Spring. However, I rock her on her wheels and run her for 20 minutes once a month to circulate oil thru the engine.
    Marvel, SW Montana, Ex-R-Gruppe Member (Retired)

Salt? Where do you live in Montana, Marvel? Stop by Missoula and we can commiserate.
    '66 912 with a 2.2
    '62 Lotus Seven S2
    '66 Lotus Elan
    '63 Karmann Ghia convertible
    '76 Alfa Spider

100 Miles South from MZ. Darby area on West Fork Bitterroot.
    Yes, the Rock Gravel is embedded w/ chemical salts.

Yeah another Porsche guy in MT- that makes 5 or 6

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Yeah. It's lonely, unless you count Montana plates in other states. Thanks for the into Marvel. I had no idea the gravel is embedded with salts. Is that just on the the interstate and or also in town? Sorry to take over the tread with our Montana problems. Goal is to make it to an EASY gathering one of these days!
    '66 912 with a 2.2
    '62 Lotus Seven S2
    '66 Lotus Elan
    '63 Karmann Ghia convertible
    '76 Alfa Spider

U should inquire of the MT Dept. of Transportation for the composition of the roadway gravel being used. Since the early swb cars did not have any galvanizing until mid 70's, I park mine Nov-March. Also, who wants to eat gravel rocks in their windshield ?
    R
    Marvel

All of this banter just makes me glad to pay taxes and put up with all the other BS that goes along with living and operating a business in California.

Ciao

Jim
    RGruppe Clubhouse Custodian

Jim,

I hear you but Montana is a pretty damn special place to live as long as you like long cold winters- keeps a lot of the rif raf away. :0

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Concur. Having lived as a Resident of CA in Long Beach, (3 years) and San Francisco (20 years) and followed by a job relo to Seattle (10 years). I have been Content to Split wood in the AM's, walk across the roadway and Flyfish for 20" Trout (Cutts, Bows, Browns), chase behind my German Shorthair w/a shotgun and/or sling my rifle during deer season. It's all about Quality of Life and having a Broad Interest Base come Retirement.
    Marvel (Retired to Bitterroot Valley, MT) w/ '68 912 sourced by John Walker, Seattle. Ex-R-Gruppe Member w/ '72 911S (Sold) and '88 Carrera 3.2L (Sold).

For Jim: I am still waiting to Hear further about my R-Gruppe Membership ?