Thread: Location of "oil level transmitter"?

Location of "oil level transmitter"?

I do not have the Driver's manual for my 911 normal. Therefore the following questions:

a) I'm right in the assumption that this control lamp in the combination instrument has a double function?

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  80.7 KB

b) If so, are these the double features:
    • Handbrake control lamp
    • Oil level?

c) Is the "oil level transmitter" (see # 50 in follwing diagram) connected to this control lamp and where at the engine is this encoder located?

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  107.1 KB

Any advice on this would help.
    Thanks Stefan
    Stefan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx911 US-delivery 130PS MJ68

You have a car that a PO installed a temp/oil pressure gauge from a car with "S" gauges instead of the original temp only gauge that also has idiot lights for the generator and oil pressure. The light at the top of your gauge is the E brake warning light and the one at the bottom of the gauge is the Gen/Alt warning light. You have no oil pressure warning light as that was swapped in favor of the gauge. You have no way to install the stupid oil level gauge because your oil tank does not have the provision for the sending unit. The picture depicts the gauge that was removed from you car in favor of the "S" gauge. All of the wiring under the dash was just transferred to the new gauge and nothing was added or modified. The oil pressure sender on your motor was changed from a simple switch to a larger "Gauge" sender, again the wiring just transfered from old to new.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Jim,
    thanks for clarification. My wish was not to install a idiot light for oil pressure in addition, but to fix the following error: The break warning light in the oil pressure gauge burns permanently and the reason is that the wire (brown/whit from the light to the switch in the parking brake handle) has connection to ground and I can not find the exact location of this mishap. My thinking was that an oil level transmitter is located behind this switch and perhaps this transmitter is broken and has connection to ground. Now I have learned that there is no transmitter behind the switch and I have to look for the mishap inside the wiring harness.
    Concerning the swap of the original temp only gauge to a "S" gauge, I can say that my car had 10! POs and for sure one of them could have done this swap. The rev counter has a date stamp of "2.68" the oil pressure gauge "8.67" and my car "3.68"
    Name:  IMG_5071.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  105.5 KB
    Stefan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx911 US-delivery 130PS MJ68