Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1973 Radio Delete Dash Trim 1 or 2 pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    will have a look in my stash later this week if i have material for you...
    as far as i remember it`s paste not wrap...but i would not bet on it.especially when seeing your pic above showing a wrap on the right side.
    edit:the basket waeve pic that was posted whilst i was writing this looks correct...now i`ll bet on it(even when the basket weave material does not look correct)
    The basket weave pic is not as from the factory. That is how i redid mine so i could install period radio and i tried to match factory look. So yes I used current basketweave material from a porsche retailer....can’t remember where i got it. So that is why material in pic looks a bit off compared to glovebox area. Radio area is recent material and I don’t know how old the rest of the material is...but the color is a bit off. Pic amplifies it....in person it is not noticeable. I think with it is an issue when old material will always have sun aged a bit compared to brank new repo material. So maybe have to decide if you can match it very close or recover whole dash front.

I think with his thinner material maybe you can wrap around right edge by glovebox.
    Early 911S Registry#3437
    1971 911E

right end wrapped like left end of the small triangle left of the glovebox.

left end not wrapped

You can use material of the doors or the side panels

I have also just completed this on my ST build. Easy task with the later plain vinyl. The basket weave is much more difficult. I used some from a door panel to get a pretty good match. I moved the joint 10mm further in to hide most of the joint behind the heater chrome trim.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    I have also just completed this on my ST build. Easy task with the later plain vinyl. The basket weave is much more difficult. I used some from a door panel to get a pretty good match. I moved the joint 10mm further in to hide most of the joint behind the heater chrome trim.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk07 View Post
    right end wrapped like left end of the small triangle left of the glovebox. left end not wrapped

You can use material of the doors or the side panels
    Great! Thank you, off to find an old door panel to cut up
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bauer View Post
    Thanks moito, please let me know if you do.
    Carl unfortunatly i was able to assemble two complete sets from the bits and pieces in the drawer...so no left-over glove box piece

f.

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    Carl unfortunatly i was able to assemble two complete sets from the bits and pieces in the drawer...so no left-over glove box piece

f.
    Thanks for checking.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

This is an original blanking plate, rear view, butchered! from a 1973 911, you can see the vinyl is wrapped on one side( glove compartment side)
    Attached Images Attached Images