Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 72-73 911 Sport Seats

cars cars cars

FS: 1972 911 Sport Seats

A pair of 72 sport seats, an original pair of seats with original bases. These show wear and will require some repairs to the passenger side tilt mechanism(pointed out in pic),one lever and one slider are missing.
    Cardboard taped to seat in pictures is the recliner spacers. A desirable pair of real sport seats awaiting your personal touch, $7500.
    Please see my other listings for more early 911sport seats.jpgsport seat 4.jpgsport seat 5.jpgsport seat 2.jpgsport seat 3.jpg
    Last edited by 356Trey; 11-21-2017 at 04:52 AM. Reason: All for sale items must have a price...thanks!
    Porsche Obsessed
    '60 S90 Roadster project
    '87 911 Carrera 68k silver/blk
    '59 Devin D sold
    '60 VW sunroof Indian Red 37 yrs
    '98 M3
    '64 356C coupe black plate slate/red
    '58 T2 Speedster sold

seats are from first half of the year 1972...not 1973

which slider is missing? what for are the stickers on hinge drivers seat?

best

cars cars cars
    Thanks
    The stickers are holding the recliner spacers, passenger side is missing a slider
    Porsche Obsessed
    '60 S90 Roadster project
    '87 911 Carrera 68k silver/blk
    '59 Devin D sold
    '60 VW sunroof Indian Red 37 yrs
    '98 M3
    '64 356C coupe black plate slate/red
    '58 T2 Speedster sold

Banned
    I have never received a satisfactory answer on this question...

Look at the photo with the two frames side-by-side. Notice the frame on the left has the seat belt mounting flange "boxed in". Now look at the other one. It's "open" which obviously has much less strength.

I have at least twelve '69-'73 frames (including an NOS frame) and all but one is the "boxed" type.

Anyone?

Tilt mechanism lever is missing on one seat see bottom left pic and looks like the release mechanism is also missing from the same seat to me.

I may be mistaken but looks like there are 2 drivers side (LHD drivers) tilt mechanisms as the lever he is pointing too in the same pic is on the inside not the outside.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

yes clyde you are right...two drivers consoles...

best

at least the seats are RHS and LHS

I think with the issues and one incorrect console $8500 is a huge ask
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Frank,

I have 2 frames that are open I think from a 68?

Rolly

Banned
    Rolly,

Technically they wouldn't be '68; those used the SWB, simpler frames. I was thinking very early '69?

Yes 68 frames don't have a spot for seat belt connection.

That is very strange Frank I went into my garage and looked at the 6 seats there, all enclosed.

I have had 2 sets lately where the pin is welded in as the pivot for the double locking levers on the base but the seat still has the single lever and same locking block as early
    sports seats (69 - approx Jan 73) Based on how hard it was to get the roll pins out don't think either pair had been apart, ever.

Do you think there was a time when before double lockers fully kicked in they started using double locker bases with pre double locker operating mechanisms?
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6