Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview: Porsche 911R Book (Konradsheim, Gruber, Mäder)

Preview: Porsche 911R Book (Konradsheim, Gruber, Mäder)

2 weeks ago we had the opportunity to take a look at the Porsche 911R book that will be published by TAG Motorbooks.
    The authors are the guys responsible for the legendary Carrera RS books (Georg Konradsheim, Thomas Gruber and Christoph Mäder)

The book comes in a German edition limited to 991 copies and an English version, limited to 1500 copies

Preview and more pictures at Love for Porsche - Liebe zu Ihm
    As soon as we have our copy, we will publish a review too

Name:  4-TAG-Motorbooks-Porsche-911R-Christoph-Mäder-Thomas-Gruber-Georg-Konradsheim-1-800x445.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  71.3 KB Name:  2-TAG-Motorbooks-Porsche-911R-Christoph-Mäder-Thomas-Gruber-Georg-Konradsheim-800x445.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  73.4 KB Name:  11-TAG-Motorbooks-Porsche-911R-Christoph-Mäder-Thomas-Gruber-Georg-Konradsheim-1-800x445.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  66.8 KB

I would be interested to hear how much modern R stuff is taken up in this book. Look forward to your review.

That’s a question I would love to have answered too: The book has a very hefty price tag and I would hope that the balance would be more to the original R than the new. All additional info will be gratefully received.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

I could ask but from the pictures available here it seems that around half of the book is on the original R:
    http://www.tag-motorbooks.com/911r-english-edition

384 pages.
    Page 137 at least is on the original R.

From page 230 it is on the new R.

I think even a third of the new R content will prevent me from buying this book. Shame really.

I get the feeling that at least half will be new (happy to be proved wrong) given that they are going to detail the spec of all 991 new cars........would be nice to think their research has at least bottomed out the same for the original R's! I can't help but think that the books design being heavily influenced by the 'new' tells us where its inspiration sits.

Whilst I appreciate many are interested in the new cars (suppose it will guarantee 991 sales!) it seems a real missed opportunity to make the definitive work covering the early cars, through the 69/70 lightweight lwb cars and then into the ST; a book that would have sat beautifully alongside their impressive RS book.
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Zero interest given the new car content. Seems like another vehicle for the new “R” owners to spend their $.
    I suppose a focus on the original cars would have been a thin book.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Interesting, nicely done.
    But agree, probably more aimed for modern car owners.
    The cover says it all: Houndstooth fabric. Who needs/had that in an original 911R.
    Any GT3 RS/GT2 is probably more true in spirit to an original R.
    Registry member No.773

I wrote to the publisher asking for a table of contents and a breakdown of new vs. Old. If they reply, I’ll post here.

Member #1616

Here’s the chapter listing (table of contents) which shows the balance between new and old. Name:  290981C8-8340-4ACB-9AEF-DEAC9DB16B3B.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  31.2 KB

Member #1616