Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Paysafe Escrow services?

Anyone use Paysafe Escrow services?

Has anyone used Paysafe Escrow services? I have a buyer wanting to use them for the money transfer of a ‘66 912 I am selling. Transaction is $35,000. Thanks.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

a quick google search reveals little positive or negative, a few incidences of scams using a same-name type scam where they use an email similar to the real company, like escrow@Paysafe-promiseimnotascammer.com

were it me, I'd suggest using either a different service, or using a local law office as intermediary, or verification from someone local that the car exists. if your buyer balks, you didn't really have a buyer

Why would any seller ever allow the use of an escrow service? I mean, you hold all of the cards and only you stand any chance of getting hurt by the use of escrow. Just move along to another buyer.

I'd wager that 99% of all long distance auto sales do NOT involve an escrow service. A buyer making this request is showing his ignorance and a seller accepting the request is only asking for trouble.

Buyer is having WeGoLook verify the car is in the condition as the images I've sent him. I am not wanting a headache on my part but am willing to work with the buyer if he is more comfortable using a different method than wiring me money directly. Pay Safe Escrow did not generate a great list of hits to confirm their operation.
    John Thompson

John, find a different buyer. Most legit buyers will arrange for a PPI or trust someone to check it out in person, if they are operating long distance. Speaking from experience, thats what i did. No reason to use some 3rd party like escrow service.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

@karlusmagnus

Karl,
    I want to agree with you, but not everybody has your experience with used cars. It is quite possible the buyer is just getting into the hobby -- let him check out the car however he wants. Yeah, a lot of us have bought the car just based on the seller's description, so at least he is taking some precaution using WeGoLook. Assuming he's a noob, the original poster can try to work with him and make the sale. Using them (and using a third party to hold the money) can work and shouldn't be a reason to throw out what may be a perfectly good deal.
    Jim
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

We Go Look was interesting. Their site must have a list of options for the initiator to check off as things specifically to look for. It clearly wasn't geared towards a vintage automobile. But never-the-less, they also took a video along with maybe 25 photos. I can see where it would a way for someone to confirm the condition of a car of which they have already seen about a 100 photos. We shall see how this turns out. I am not interested in starting a new thread titled "Why did I not listen and and how do I get my car back?"
    John Thompson

Swedewerks Survivor Cars SD Swede's Avatar
    Good luck either way John, hope it all works out. Bummed to see your '66 go.
    Peter Andersson #2864
    Pinstriped Early 911 Club #1

Peter,
    My '66 is staying with me. This is another '66 that some unforeseen circumstances have me needing to rehome it.
    John Thompson