Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roof Marker Light

Roof Marker Light

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for help with identifying the roof mounted marker light that's mounted on the Brumos 911s #59 car. Does anyone know the brand, model, and where I can find it? Good quality repro would be ok too. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can't tell from photograph exactly what light was used. What you are looking for is a "clearance light" or "cab clearance light." Do an internet search and you will find many varieties. Stop by at any truck equipment shop and see many more. Since it appears on a Brumos Porsche, I'll risk a guess that it is not a German part, but something Brumos got from a local parts house in Florida when they were preparing the car for racing. Note that there is also a light fixture on the rear flair to illuminate the side number.

There is a whole thread on these roof lights somewhere.....
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    Since it appears on a Brumos Porsche, I'll risk a guess that it is not a German part, but something Brumos got from a local parts house in Florida when they were preparing the car for racing.
    Or maybe from a boat supply store in Florida. It might be a vintage navigation light for a boat.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Thanks for the responses. I did several searches on the forum, including "roof lights", but didn't find much. I searched on google for "cab clearance lights" with pretty good results. Looks like ejboyd5 is correct in that these lights don't appear to be a German part.

I did happen to notice the rear light fixtures. What are they called?

That sure does look like something you would see on a boat or truck. Also a '65 (small) or '66 bug (bigger) turn signal, which has a built in curve in the base to fit the down slope of the fender, but doesn't have a chrome base, just a black rubber gasket.
    Bob B

# 2991
    Quote Originally Posted by 818 View Post
    I did happen to notice the rear light fixtures. What are they called?
    The rear lights look like number/license plate lights from trucks or trailers.
    Late 70s GM trucks with bumper steps also use similar lights.

Try a web search for Yankee 77 SAE-P-82. If it is not that light ... its very close.
    Looking for Porsche motor, engine, case 902173 3880016 6300080 6301557 6308504 6310001 6310922 6311032 6520673

Also, Yankee 77 SAE-P-66 ... which is possibly the earlier version.
    Looking for Porsche motor, engine, case 902173 3880016 6300080 6301557 6308504 6310001 6310922 6311032 6520673

Our part manager says...
    SIGNAL STAT
    1312A
    $30.00
    8.0" length overall
    2.5" width overall
    2.75" height