Thread: RS Owners manual supplement German or English

RS Owners manual supplement German or English

WTB a 1973 RS supplement for the owners manual

I didn’t know there was a US supplement.

Me neither I think he means the reference 4646.20 denoting so called rest of world version in English I have but not for sale as belongs to my car. The 73 RS was not officially sold in North America so didn't need that publication in that market

Agree, was there a UK, RHD version?

The 4646.20 booklet doesn't show rhd images but obviously there were rhd RS cars. suffix .20 as discussed elsewhere denoted the English speaking markets outside NA on publications. Broadly speaking these RHD English speaking markets have historical links to the old British Empire comonweath countries such as Aus NZ SA. Not only spec differences for these markets Vs NA these literature items were written in an anglesised English (albeit with some German translation oddities) ...not ' merican

Note the driver's handbook for RS in English is not the American market owners one --it to is a .20

There were many items pertaining to the RS on English for example some of the items from my own cars history file are predominantly British market in English as the car itself was sold new and has never left the UK and has continuous ownership history all of whom I'm in touch with. Some of these items are rare as just over 100 rhd RS were made of which only circa 50 rhd quota from the original 500 homologation series sold out almost immediately in october 72 . Just over 300 of that first 500 homologation series RS were built in calendar 72 very few of which were RHD. IMG_20190716_155045.jpg

The factory fahrzeug auftrag of my RHD specified C16 EG RL denoting the country market and country equipment presumably (the supplements in English were a minor part of the country config) and the side of driving/ steering wheel.

The maintenance book for the English speaking markets are different to NA from 72/3 and for those of us who have the very earliest RHD RS built in calendar 72 these maintenance books have a temporary amendment to include the 50 or so limited edition Carrera RS model alongside the series TES -- it should be remembered the RS was launched outwith the normal annual model refresh cycle so caught paperwork printing on the hop. The original pricelist in UK didn't include RS as late as September the hasty reprint for British market in October to coincide with the launch had it. Also a lot of the really documentation I have contain specs of vehicle as homologated e.g impractical 165 front tyres! All important provenance supporting the example when so many of these RS cars have ...errm...patchy ..history. Patchy history and provonance is being charitable to some on for sale thread that appear to have been bought on the basis of it looks like and RS so must be an RS fingers crossed basis

I've posted this from the British Earls Court motorshow edition of a British magazine before. It is from October 72 and speaks to the existence and rarity of the 51 RHD RS homologated among 500 plus 500 more series two being announced here:
    Screenshot_20190425-161245~2.jpg

To be very clear this qouta is the rhd examples and term lightweight is not referring to M471 only; the number refers to all examples which had the thinner gauge lightweight chassis because majority of that 51 rhd were converted to M472 Touring specification aka at that time abbreviation RSL. Lightweight and RSL terminology has subsequently been corrupted since that original correct usage theaedays often now refers o M471 Sport conversion order which is t can be actually quite misleading terminology

The original road test press demonstrator RHD M472 pictured on action early calendar 73.

Screenshot_20190811-135456.jpg
    Last edited by 911MRP; 10-27-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Good explanation,thanks