Thread: targa jack support

targa jack support

Hello.. I am rebuilding the entire rocker area using Restoration Design parts.. The car is 1968 9/11 L Targa... The early part, gusset plate, for this jack support area is not available. part p217L from restoration Design for a later car 1984 -89 is available... Would someone that has made this repair be willing/able to say if there are any special problems or alterations that need to be made to use the Restoration Design parts? I would like to modify this p217l to physically look like the original 1968 part. Does anyone have a detailed picture of what the original part looks like.... My car part has disintegrated and was oxycetiline patch repaired so I do not know what the original part looks like. thank you bob joyce

talking about this one,Bob??

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP217L
    thats totally wrong

i would go and ask restoration design EU or australia if they have it or eckert or mh -teile in europe rather than modify the 217

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP260AL
    http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP214 not really correct for 64-68 but can be modified
    http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP215 same foer this

Yes... Thank you for your input.... I believe I will have to build the jack area as a coupe with the RD parts and some how find a picture of what the gusset looked like. I believe it was more "boxy"/wider, than part pp260al... If I get a picture and dimensions I will fab this part.... Thank you Franz ......... bob
    Last edited by bob joyce; 12-21-2017 at 08:47 AM. Reason: corection

can have a look if i have a donor car that i can cut this out...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

thank you Franz ... The gusset shown in your pictures would be coupe.. I wish I had as good a picture of the Targa.... really cool part bye the way.....

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    thank you Franz ... The gusset shown in your pictures would be coupe.. I wish I had as good a picture of the Targa.... really cool part bye the way.....
    thats new to me that there is a different version for SWB Targa -- i`m not much of a targa expert----but seeing is believing

I just assumed they were different ...... So.. I guess that just makes an ass out of me.....This is the first time I have had to do body work in this area and the car I am working on was worked on in that area(a wielded on patch)... and totally disintegrated. May be it was the same as coupe before the work was done... As I read this ..I pulled up Auto Atlanta parts diagrams and the picture is the same for coupe/Targa. Ok, so that's solved... It is the the forward part of the wheel housing that is different/double wall...... sorry, should have looked on my own before asking.. Reg#3596 bob