Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Early 63-73 literature collection. Standard reference book. Suggestions/help/contact

Very cool project, Karim. Would love to visit the archives!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Karim

this story gets better with every post !
    I can't wait to see the finished product

cheers
    Dennis
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

So glad to see this continuing forward, Karim!

Best,

pete

Any idea of price point?

I cant confirm since we are still in concept state - Dont take me for any information which might change again in the future.

Right now, we plan each modelyear issue will be a hardcover high-quality book, 150pages ish, all color, all english, printed on high quality paper, priced around 200 dollar each, with content based on Porsche Archive items (some published for the first time ever) as well as several contributors, including mine, which serves as contributor base. Each item published in full content/pages. Issues will go public with 2month intervalls, first for 2020. Issued by the Porsche factory Archive, probably in cooperation with a German Editorial house. Author is Christoph Mäder.

It will cover 63-73, all 901/911 as well as 912/914.
    Registry member No.773

Karim

many thanks for including the 914s in your works
    too many times these cars have been left behind

thanks
    Dennis
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

It’s going to be so good. But I hope that US and Canadian buyers won’t have to get books shipped direct from Europe. Would be really good to get a N. American distributor (who doesn’t use FedEx or UPS)...

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    I cant confirm since we are still in concept state - Dont take me for any information which might change again in the future.

Right now, we plan each modelyear issue will be a hardcover high-quality book, 150pages ish, all color, all english, printed on high quality paper, priced around 200 dollar each, with content based on Porsche Archive items (some published for the first time ever) as well as several contributors, including mine, which serves as contributor base. Each item published in full content/pages. Issues will go public with 2month intervalls, first for 2020. Issued by the Porsche factory Archive, probably in cooperation with a German Editorial house. Author is Christoph Mäder.

It will cover 63-73, all 901/911 as well as 912/914.

Member #1616

Dear all…long break..but wanted finally to give an update.

After long negotiations with the Porsche Archiv and Porsche Museum in Stuttgart and in close collaboration with Author Christoph Maeder, we finally had to pull the plug and called the project off.
    It was indefinitely postponed by Porsche and not on their priority list anymore…and we felt, its not worth to pursue.

I thank all involved in this project. Christoph Maeder for his expertise, member Thomas, Marco, Semjion, Carl, Steven and Haul for their willingness to share and document their items and all others for support and interest, as with many others by contributing and share.

Having lately other professional obligations and interests, I felt its therefore time to part auction off the entire collection, making it available to anyone wanting or needing a period documents…here also the crossreference announcement:
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...-auctioned-off

It was fun to collect, fun to share and document…but as with most hobbies and interests, we move on and yes i do too.
    Ill will continue to drive on of my Porsche Cars, going to meetings and having a lighter heart and, a few less items i now need to take care off, Cheers.

Name:  AC3F0D25-5EA9-40EC-A721-3BAE8010665C.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  184.3 KB
    Last edited by 911T1971; 03-16-2022 at 03:54 AM.
    Registry member No.773

What shame it all came to nothing... at least I got to 'meet' you, Karim; that was a real pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Dear all…long break..but wanted finally to give an update.

After long negotiations with the Porsche Archiv and Porsche Museum in Stuttgart and in close collaboration with Author Christoph Maeder, we finally had to pull the plug and called the project off.
    It was indefinitely postponed by Porsche and not on their priority list anymore…and we felt, its not worth to pursue.

I thank all involved in this project. Christoph Maeder for his expertise, member Thomas, Marco, Semjion, Carl, Steven and Haul for their willingness to share and document their items and all others for support and interest, as with many others by contributing and share.

Having lately other professional obligations and interests, I felt its therefore time to part auction off the entire collection, making it available to anyone wanting or needing a period documents…here also the crossreference announcement:
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...-auctioned-off

It was fun to collect, fun to share and document…but as with most hobbies and interests, we move on and yes i do too.
    Ill will continue to drive on of my Porsche Cars, going to meetings and having a lighter heart and, a few less items i now need to take care off, Cheers.

Name:  AC3F0D25-5EA9-40EC-A721-3BAE8010665C.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  184.3 KB

Member #1616

Agree. Pity. This had the makings of an interesting book.