Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quarter window sealing strap--where does it go?

Quarter window sealing strap--where does it go?

I'm having a hard time figuring out where this part goes while reassembling my pop out quarter windows. Anyone shed some light?

http://www.stoddard.com/catalogsearc...901+543+493+20

Item #26 in the PET

Name:  Untitled-2.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  96.0 KB
    Early S Registry Member #3291

Still hunting for my dad's (Roger Abraham) '70T Coupe in Light Ivory
    Purchased new from Gruber Porsche Cedar Rapids, IA

That is a piece of black vinyl that is glued to the 'B' pillar so no body color would show when viewed from the rear.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

here is a few pics how its done--just in case you are in the assembling phase...might be helpful
    i think its more of a seal than a cosmetic thing....or both.
    trim as needed
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Thanks for the responses Ed and moito. I'm a little confused. Some of the pics show the piece on the front face of the B pillar, the surface that ends up under the leading edge of the window rubber. But your description Ed makes me think it goes on the back facing edge of the B, to cover body color when the pop out window is open. But pictured as it is on the front face, that wouldn't cover the rear of the pillar, would it? The front application seems like it'd be for a little extra protection against water intrusion, even though the front window rubber covers the whole pillar.

The piece is wide enough to cover the face, rear, and a little of the front of the pillar.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ok. I'm getting it. So to install one needs to adhere the piece to the pillar (painted surface) rear face, wrap around outside face (slitting the seal where the B pillar slots where the 2 window tabs insert) then a little onto the front face of the pillar. Then the inside cosmetic vinyl piece wraps OVER the seal on the surface where the screws install that hold the window in place. Am I getting it right?

Quote Originally Posted by dadoflefthander View Post
    Jameel; Is your new strip made of rubber instead of fabric? Steve;
    I don't have the piece yet, but it looks like rubber in the pics from Stoddard.

Quote Originally Posted by dadoflefthander View Post
    Jameel; Is your new strip made of rubber instead of fabric? Steve;
    never been fabric,maybe its the texture that makes it to you look like fabric

sometimes it feels it is pointless to post pics here....

I found them very helpful. Need to install mine shortly. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Dave