Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1973.5T/E/S/RS Tool Kit

FS: 1973.5T/E/S/RS Tool Kit

73.5 tool kit complete, mint, concours. $2750 + shipping & fees Jim chal_saeng_gin@hotmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Wrong P208 (pulley holding tool), it's for a 75.

Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
    Wrong P208 (pulley holding tool), it's for a 75.
    That statement is not accurate. The long pin P208 is for cars with AC.

From a trusted Porsche tool kit expert: I had NOS 74-75 tool kits and they had short pin versions as well.
    Jim

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Well that's not true. AC was driven from crank pulley. The long pin pulley tool was for the air pump driven from an extended pulley 1/2 on the fan. I believe 75 was the last year of big hole fan hub and matching pulley 1/2.

I ve bought a few things off the seller without issue but on this occasion I’m going to call the spanners (wrenches) incorrect too and possibly the pliers.

I have the original complete toolkit in my 73RS delivered June 1973 and it’s not like yours Jim, sorry. My kit also has an original messko tyre gauge as well.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Mike you'll have disagree with this factory pic that Allen H. generously posted. Plus, before I obtained this tool kit with all the factory books (Drivers Manual, Maroon cover, Maintenance Book, Emissions Supplement) I asked point blank about the DIN wrenches. I was told that all came together in one package from the same car. That leads me to believe all are original. Pliers are even found in some pre 73.5 tool kits because I have seen plenty. I think when you try to pigeon hole certain tools you into certain years it's not feasible. And like have told people over and over, unless your the original owner and you picked up the car and you remember, you won't know what came in the tool kit.
    Last edited by juche_namja; 01-15-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    Jim

And BTW I have never seen a Messko in post 68 tool kit. Again, I've had plenty.
    Jim

Jim
    My kit is original. I can prove it unequivocally. I do not pigeon hole anything because I have learnt that nothing from Porsche in those early years was absolute. I know my kit is different to yours. Therefore, I will now put your information together with mine and wait for further clarification from other sources based on the photo you have provided and develop an opinion without predudice. Thanks for your reply.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

No Mesko in LWB
    But Din wrenches and a maroon folder with emission supplement. come on.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk07 View Post
    No Mesko in LWB
    But Din wrenches and a maroon folder with emission supplement. come on.
    Being in Stuttgart, you should know better!
    Jim