Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Seat bottom part with darkblue twill side G model 74-75

WTB: Seat bottom part with darkblue twill side G model 74-75

I am looking for a seat bottom part or only the upholstery.
    The material should be Twill in darkblue wich is the material in the side of seat.
    Also a complete seat could be of interest

Need to exchange the twill where the hole is.

/Thord

Last edited by Thord; 01-23-2018 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling

Thord,

I have been looking for years and have never found a correct/suitable replacement. I'm fairly certain the twill is unobtanium. I was told that some upholsterers were simply flipping the shetland fabric and using the reverse side up for the twill area as it has a texture that is very close.

Please let me know if you do end up locating a source for the correct twill!

Marco
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

give these folks a try- http://www.cartex.de/
    Early S Junkie # 658

Thanks for the tip regarding using the reverse side, that might work.

I have the 1 complete upper part, but maybe the lower part is more difficult to find.

/Thord

Has anybody found or sourced the 74/5 blue/black carpet?
    I see Cartex list black and dark blue and dark blue for mfi carrera.
    S Registry#2021

Quote Originally Posted by mrar View Post
    Has anybody found or sourced the 74/5 blue/black carpet?
    I see Cartex list black and dark blue and dark blue for mfi carrera.
    Unfortunately, this too is not available. Most suppliers (including Cartex) are way off on the original texture and color (compared to original dealer sample book). AFAIK, much like the twill material for the seats, the correct midnight (blue/black) carpet is not available. If you don't find anything to your liking out there, Autobahn Interiors makes a really nice carpet set for the 74/75 MY that's a great substitute.
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Unfortunately, this too is not available. Most suppliers (including Cartex) are way off on the original texture and color (compared to original dealer sample book). AFAIK, much like the twill material for the seats, the correct midnight (blue/black) carpet is not available. If you don't find anything to your liking out there, Autobahn Interiors makes a really nice carpet set for the 74/75 MY that's a great substitute.
    Thank you for your reply Kaleid.
    Po replaced the center tunnel carpet and the door threshold on my car with what they must of considered acceptable, its no match to original.
    Rgds,
    Sean.
    S Registry#2021

Maybe all of you could set up a group purchase at Heritage...

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...at-fabric.html
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I order sample of the blue/black carpet and it looks not to bad, I have the original carpets stowed in bag when when I removed them in the late 80'.

The original carpet are bleached where it has been exposed to light but in hidden areas it's still black/blue.

When I compare the sample versus my old carpet it's very close in color.

The hair is much softer on the new sample, but that could be aging of my carpet since it from 1973.

The length of the hair or height of the carpet it's a little bit longer on my original carpet.

/Thord

DSC_0844[1].jpgDSC_0845[1].jpg

Thord,

Is the sample from Autobahn Interiors?

Please private message me if you are able to.
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245