Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reality car shows

Reality car shows

For the most part they are unwatchable.......and believe me I have tried.

But I gotta say that Grave Yard Cars, and Bitchin Rides are really very enjoyable to me.

Ive always loved Mopars, and Mark at GYC( all Mopars) really makes me laugh out loud, I think he is hysterical........ and he know his sheet. ...but I would guess many many cannot stomach him

Bitchin Rides on the other hand, does amazing work , producing some awesome rides, and the crew is actually decent and ez to watch( unlike say Boyd's crew)
    Last edited by 70tangerine; 01-26-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Shift Knob Maker
    I like Iron Resurrection and Bitchin and occasionally Restoration Garage. I like the cars and the detail with GYC, but I can not stand that guy.... Can't watch the others to much drama built in or hacks etc. Why does everything have to be done in 5 days?

Mark..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 76911S View Post
    Why does everything have to be done in 5 days?
    Because most of the audience has the attention span of a hummingbird.

Thumbs down

Because most of the audience has the attention span of a hummingbird.
    I agree with Frank...... I've tried and I've failed to watch any number of these through the years... They all make me NUTS !!!!

The the predictable 'drama' in all these is to get you to stay from chimerical to chimerical...

For the most part the quality of crap the sponsors are pushing is equal to the 'content' of the producers....

I have many friends in the auto service industry and these 'shows' are breeding an audience with 'reality show expectations' having nothing to do with how the trades REALLY work........

.... perhaps watch with guilty pleasure.... but at your own peril

...... off the soapbox
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 01-26-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I agree w/ both Frank and Chuck overall......

...but I also feel some of these shows let us car geeks glimpse into seeing the real craftsmanship that goes on. As a car guy , I can easily overlook some of the nonsense, but as in w/ most of these shows , it is just crap.

I can see "non car guys"( or gals) falling into the reality show mind set...........

lets see the MOAL shop on TV.....!!!!!!!!!!

or Frank should have a show......r rated of course.
    Last edited by 70tangerine; 01-26-2018 at 08:24 AM.

I guess I'm the odd man out. I enjoy most of them for what they are, just testosterone fueled substitutes for The Real Housewives. I'm particularly fond of Wheeler Dealers but also try and watch Fast and Loud, Chasing Classic Cars and others when I have the time (which is almsot never, unfortunately).

Fast and Loud......always loved the lead tech.....but that Rawlings guy, I despise....ouch

Wheeler dealers has a new tech..hes actually ez to watch and talented.......Ed was good too.

CC I like overall....

btw, when I need some booty on TV, I watch Atlanta HW's....sorry....

... RHWOA doesnt really TEACH me anything.....unlike these car shows where I do learn stuff....so I dont see them as equal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I guess I'm the odd man out. I enjoy most of them for what they are, just testosterone fueled substitutes for The Real Housewives. I'm particularly fond of Wheeler Dealers but also try and watch Fast and Loud, Chasing Classic Cars and others when I have the time (which is almsot never, unfortunately).
    Substitute?
    John, did Real Housewives go off the air or does the Mrs not let you watch anymore?

"or Frank should have a show......r rated of course."

What?!
    R rated? PLEASE share with me how you arrive at that conclusion? Dead serious as I think I tell it like it but keep things pretty clean. Am I delusional?

(As for a reality show our shop is pretty boring with the exception of some dumbass mistakes on rare occasions which gets me very fired up.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Substitute?
    John, did Real Housewives go off the air or does the Mrs not let you watch anymore?
    So here's the weird part. I'm sitting in my office wondering, "Did Frank just make a lucky guess? Or did I tell him about my fascination with the ladies of Atlanta"?

Let me just clear the air.

My name is John and a RHOA addict.

Only wish I was kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by 70tangerine View Post
    ... RHWOA doesnt really TEACH me anything.....unlike these car shows where I do learn stuff....so I dont see them as equal
    Speak for yourself. Couple seasons back Mama Joyce took off her shoe to beat somebody with it. That was new to me.