Thread: Source for authentic SWB black vinyl

Source for authentic SWB black vinyl

Does anybody have a source for authentic SWB black vinyl? Looking for correct grain first but prefer correct sheen also.

TIA,

JK

I would say Lakewell in Belgium.
    In parallel to a carpet set, a 68 door panel set, and few others parts I ordered some vinyl to restore my recaro rally 2 seats. The quality of the vinyl was excellent, grain 99% of my original one.
    But they had a poor attitude. I was really disappointed by their communication. I’ve orders 4 meters of vinyl and I received 6 meters of left over with cuts impossible to use, I finally had them made out of nice black leather.
    Product is great, price is high, and business was ...

I don't know where you are. If you are in Europe, perhaps Jeager's suggestion is a good one. But if you are in the U.S. there are several upholstery sources who use (and provide) German vinyl. I use K&H European Auto Upholstery in Garden Grove, CA (714) 530-2468 for my material. They also do the upholstering, everything in house, and have done many award winning Porsches at high level concours. You should be aware, however, that given your car is relatively old (SWB), and assuming you are not going to replace all of the vinyl components, there will be a sheen difference between what you replace and what remains. Vinyl (and leather) get shinier with age and exposure, so any newer correct (German) vinyl will have a duller sheen than your existing components that have been exposed to sun light (e.g., the dash top most prominently). To a degree, you can moderate this difference by applying one of the many vinyl dressings (e.g., Griot's) to the new vinyl which will impart a modest sheen to the new material. Please don't use Armor All.

also try Tuff Stuff vinyl cleaner-it leaves a modest sheen. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Aase has it. See #18 in the following thread. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...543#post850543 They sellthe sheet vinyl that is the same as the dash piece they sent me.

Thanks for the pointers! I have a lead through a friend and will also get some samples from Aase to see which is closest.