Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 901/06 aluminum 2.0 engine - 100% complete & original - runs well !!!

FS: 901/06 aluminum 2.0 engine - 100% complete & original - runs well !!!

Hi there,

PRICE LOWERED TO $16,000...

This is bottom dollar. Hoping this price drop will help a European buyer with shipping and import duties...

Or, I'll sell just the long block with heat exchangers only for $12,000, however, rather keep it all together in hopes someone needs everything for a SWB car...

This rare engine is 100% original and complete. A 1967 build date for a 68 Euro 911L. Aluminum case, special intermediate shaft, etc.

Euro 68 without smog pump provisions and without 40IDAP smog carbs. The original Weber 40IDA 3C carbs are very nice. Engine fires up immediately and runs smooth as you can see from video...

The engine has been very well stored since 1976 (well oiled) and is 100% complete from original steel air cleaner to heat exchangers - appears to not ever have been disassembled or modified in anyway.

A well running completely original aluminum engine. 30PSI oil pressure at idle - hot. Good compression (130-140) across all cylinders - hot.

Video of engine running below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_gu0qRiUvk

Engine from air cleaner to heat exchangers $18,000, now $16,000.

All other parts parts available as well, transaxle, oil tank and hoses etc. all for additional cost.

Shipping from zip code 72773 The engine is crated and will ship from a buisness with a forklift, so no lift gate charge. Happy to assist with shipping outside continental USA for over seas buyers.

Please reply here or send me a PM with any questions you may have, I'll reply ASAP.

Thank you for looking
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Annaland; 02-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Bump please. This would make for a great winter project if one should have a 911, 912 or 914 to install it into, preferably a 1968 911L...

FYI

The transmission is from a late 69 911 and is neither original or correct for a 68 911L engine. It will bolt up to your engine and work fine in a 69 car, not a 68, due to axle flange issues.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

Interesting, as the factory was not so good at consistently stamping 901/xx cases.

The transaxle serial #7193886. Early in the 7193001 thru 7198768 range. I believe it to be a 901/13 type code and the chart below is not clear on year, but the Gbox website says 901/13 is a 68-69 transaxle.

Link below:

http://www.gboxweb.com/901specs.html

Just like clarification as I was told it is from a 68 car. All guidance is appreciated as I certainly do not wish to misrepresent anything...

Thank you,
    Anna
    Last edited by Annaland; 12-19-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaland View Post
    Hi Jim,

Interesting, as the factory was not so good at consistently stamping 901/xx & 911/xx cases.

The transaxle serial #7193886. Early in the 719301 thru 7198768 range. I believe it to be a 901/13, could be a 901/03 as only the 3 is clearly legible on the type code, rest is scuffed away.

The intermediate plate appears thinner than the type 911/01 transaxle I have which reinforced my belief that it is for a SWB car. Regarding the flange issue, I thought early 68 cars had 6 bolt flanges, which this has, what is the issue?

Just like clarification as I was told it is from a 68 car.

Thank you,
    Anna
    Anna

The trans is a 901/13 which is a "pressure cast" Magnesium trans housing used in 69 cars. A 901/03 is a "die cast" aluminum trans housing used in 68 cars. The flanges in your 901/13 are actually 4 bolts with 2 roll pins and the diameter is much greater than the flanges in a 901/03 which use 6 bolts. I don't know where you got that chart but it doesn't provide very much useful info.

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Annaland View Post
    The transaxle serial #7193886. Early in the 719301 thru 7198768 range. I believe it to be a 901/13, could be a 901/03 as only the 3 is clearly legible on the type code, rest is scuffed away.
    Anna, Jim is correct, the transmission is a 69 model with a magnesium housing.
    If it does have 6-bolt flanges, they might be 923 flanges, we would need a better view to identify them.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Thanks. A lot of miss info on the web. The Gbox site stated 901/13 as 68-69.

http://www.gboxweb.com/901specs.html

I'll take photos of the flanges. Sure thought they looked to be 6 bolt type.

PS. I've deleted the misinformation from my posts and pulled the statement that the 901/13 transaxle is original to the 68L engine.

Thanks again,
    Anna
    Last edited by Annaland; 12-19-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Smile

Sale is pending on the 1969 901/13 transaxle.

901/06 aluminum engine still available.

Thank you for your feed back on the transaxle Jim and Jon!!! I confirmed all of your kind advisement

I must have had some things confused with a couple other transaxles I have. I pulled this one out of the storage crate today, cleaned it up a bit to send good pics to the buyer - 3 of those pics below.
    Last edited by Annaland; 12-20-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    The flanges in your 901/13 are actually 4 bolts with 2 roll pins and the diameter is much greater than the flanges in a 901/03 which use 6 bolts.
    Just as Jim said, those are the larger 4-bolt, 2-pin flanges correct for a 69 transmission. There is even a pin still stuck in the RH flange.
    The correct identification probably helped you to sell a more desirable transmission, and avoid problems with a buyer who expected it to bolt up to his 68 model car with 68 axles.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

One thing to remember is that the 9 in 7z9xxxx is the model year. This continues for most following years. That chart is rubbish.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers