Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche side sticker height

Porsche side sticker height

Is there an official height for Porsche side decals? Mine have been fitted, but are too high and need to be done again.

Mine... Too high
    Name:  D1163438-968B-411B-AFD2-C72D2A31B2B1.jpeg
Views: 803
Size:  121.5 KB

One with chrome trim. LWB car, just above the torque bar hole
    Name:  A24C11BF-BA95-4034-B72F-DADB5C08E393.jpeg
Views: 745
Size:  154.6 KB

No trim, SWB, on the torque hole.
    Name:  981C0AB0-56FF-41AE-891D-E97203B309E4.jpeg
Views: 759
Size:  58.6 KB

Can someone confirm where Porsche put them

Many thanks
    Paul

Sorry I don't know the"official" height, but the green car appears to be closest to most I've seen, where the lower stripe is at the bottom of the door.
    Yours is a nice looking car btw. Is it a backdated SC?
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Shift Knob Maker
    You might look through this thread. Some of the links don't seem to be working (?) but the info you need may be in here.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Decklid-Decals

Bob Tilton can probably provide the info if you can't find it searching. Bob sells very nice versions by the way.

Mark..

It's spelled out in the 73 shop manual.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Your's might not be correct, but it does line up nicely with and connects the accent lines made by the bumpers. That being said, a lower position probably looks better.

Here is a photo from back in the day (in the Siebkin's parking lot!) of my '70 911T, with stripes applied at the factory, documented option on the window sticker. LWB cars had the stripes just above the torsion bar hole. There are well documented and reproduced factory introduction photos of the 911R which shows the SWB position crossing the top the torsion bar hole.

Interestingly, the stripe tape on my '70T had small applications of black paint at the ends of the tape as it ended just inside the door gaps...so as to keep the tape from curling up.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_772.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  89.6 KB
    Last edited by smedley; 12-15-2017 at 06:30 AM. Reason: syntax
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    Sorry I don't know the"official" height, but the green car appears to be closest to most I've seen, where the lower stripe is at the bottom of the door.
    Yours is a nice looking car btw. Is it a backdated SC?
    Hi Brian, its a 70T. It was an RS clone, but i'm returning it to a more period look, but i'll keep the RS flares.

Thanks for the tips all, i will go with the green car's height.
    Last edited by PMNorris; 12-15-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Note the relationship of the text letters (and the middle heavier black bars) to the center of the wheel hub caps. Depending on how much the car has been lowered has a direct impact on which position the stripes look their "best".

The green and white cars exampled above have a slight nose down rake and the stripes match the bottom line of the doors giving that center text & lines just a "tad high" to the rear hubcap and slightly lower than centered on the front hub cap. But because of the tire sidewall ht, and how much the car has been lowered, one has it's bottom line on the door and the other has that same line below the door on the rocker panel. Just something to think about.

And Mark's car had tall sidewalls and US ride height combined to give the factory stock location appearance (slightly above both hub caps) but higher than the white car and lower than the green car.

All three examples have a different relationship to the Torsion Bar hole - but all look good - in relation to the car it's on.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

I always liked this treatment...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    I always liked this treatment...
    Ya I'd take that look!
    911 1967S 308470
    [B]911 1965 301946 Irish Green