Thread: Help identifying seat - Recaro ST ?

Help identifying seat - Recaro ST ?

Hello all,
    I need a bit of identification help and advice. I bought this seat for a 914-6 project and planned to have it recovered. With some internet searching, I thought it might be a Recaro R from an early 911? If that is the case, to retain the value, does a more proper restoration make sense?

I am also wondering, if it is from an early 911, maybe it makes more sense to sell it and use reproductions in my project, since it is not original equipment to it?
    Thanks!
    Danny
    Name:  IMG_0238 sm.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  92.2 KBName:  IMG_0237 sm.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  195.6 KBName:  IMG_0239 sm.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  81.9 KBName:  IMG_0240 sm.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  87.2 KB
    Last edited by bahnzai; 08-15-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks for all the views so far. I am surprised that I have not had any response or guidance yet Through further search, I am now thinking this may be an RS model?
    Could I get a few pictures from you guys out there that have such a beast to help me narrow it down?
    Also, anyone that has had Recaro or period type sport seat restored, I would appreciate leads on reputable upholstery shops.

Banned
    PM me.
    Thanks.

Frank

or email
    frank at beckseuropean . com
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 08-16-2016 at 09:06 AM.

It looks like a 1328 Recaro bucket seat ;-)

Thanks to all that responded.
    Frank helped connect me to Autobahn Interiors in San Diego, CA (for those that come along later to this thread looking for help). I am exploring using them for the restoration. Tony Garcia at AI helped ID the seat as an RS. I will post the results for others afterwards.
    Thanks!
    Danny

Banned
    Danny,
    Tony is a great guy but if he told you it's an RS seat... well... I would disagree.

Model 1300. Sold as an aftermarket seat, not as fac 911 equipment. (Note the Recaro badge on backrest.)

No way it's an Rs seats.
    Aftermarket for sure

The matter is already two years ago but just read. It is neither a R seat nor a RS seat but also no replica. This is undoubtedly an original recaro seat built at the beginning of the seventies specifically for the 914 and 914/6. the headrest is special and slightly narrower than the traditional ones to fit in the recess of the back wall. if you still have the seat look please the bottom - I bet there is the plastic cut out and straps attached. hope I could help. if there are any questions, have some of this seat model in my collection. best

the real deal...Recaro
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

@ernie: not recaro - this should have been a scheel seat in his former live ;-)

best