Thread: 1969 LWB front windsheild tint?

1969 LWB front windsheild tint?

i pulled this front windsheild from a 1969.
    It has a blueish tint strip along the top.... Is this correct for any year?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

Is this correct for any year?
    Nope.... It's a non-factory type replacement somewhere along the line....
    They were either clear or completely (subtlety) tinted.... What you have is a 'banded tint' replacement....

Hope this helps,
    cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

The blue band across the top is a dead giveaway for a replacement windshield.

Although yours may be an aftermarket windshield, the blue tint is a factory option in 1969 for all of the glass.

1969 Crystal Blue 911S
    1969 Coffee Brown 911T
    1988 Guards Red 930
    1973 Ravenna Green 914 2.0L
    and 11 others sold or in the wings.....

Lightbulb

Although yours may be an aftermarket windshield, the blue tint is a factory option in 1969 for all of the glass.

Chris,

I have a factory parts book in front of me, and the distinction is 'standard' (clear) or 'optional' (green colored) with parts numbers for both...

So..... if you can come up with some factory documentation that early 911 glass had a 'blue' tint or moreover that an early 911 was delivered with a 'blue banded' windshield I am all ears...

BTW- My '73 was delivered with (and still has) 'tinted glass' .... it's a subtle green tint
    In 29 years I've replaced my windshield probably 5, or 6 times ... I once as well used a 'blue banded' replacement...
    For years now I've have the option of proper clear or green tinted replacements.... I always use the tinted.......

Cheers,
    Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

My 69T has its original factory tinted glass, per COA and with original labels. Green all around.

Hey Chuck,
    For what it is worth I can say definitively that my 69 has blue tint all around, and not green. Now my wife says I am color blind however, a year or two ago I called Dan Petchell to see if he had a blue tinted side window. He expressed no surprise and had one to sell me. (We had green and blue side by side) Why they are not listed in the parts catalog I cannot say.
    When I have some time I will try to search for a build sheet which I marked up some years back because I believe I translated some code to be blue tint all around.

Stay Tuned,
    Chris

1969 Crystal Blue 911S
    1969 Coffee Brown 911T
    1988 Guards Red 930
    1973 Ravenna Green 914 2.0L
    and 11 others sold or in the wings.....