Thread: Help Identifying 67 Case

Help Identifying 67 Case

I bought a '67 911 that was suppose to have the wrong engine. The engine numbers are shaved from the riser and the type # is missing as well. Is there a way to identify if this is a 67 regular or S without tearing the whole thing down? I found the date stamp still there with 67 in it so I'm pretty confident it's a 67MY.

What I have so far, not sure if anything can be told from these numbers:
    -case half 970
    -camshaft end # 05
    -cam cover is date stamped 9/66
    -case is a 0R
    -heads K1819b

Any suggestions or direction is greatly appreciated!

05 cams are in later 66 and early 67 Normal motors. Changed to 06 when they realized a 901/05 motor had only 10 hp less that an S with the same exhaust. A fine motor.

Thank you 66S! I appreciate the expertise

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Message Board Disclaimer and Terms of Use
This is a public forum. Messages posted here can be viewed by the public. The Early 911S Registry is not responsible for messages posted in its online forums, and any message will express the views of the author and not the Early 911S Registry. Use of online forums shall constitute the agreement of the user not to post anything of religious or political content, false and defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise to violate the law and the further agreement of the user to be solely responsible for and hold the Early 911S Registry harmless in the event of any claim based on their message. Any viewer who finds a message objectionable should contact us immediately by email. The Early 911S Registry has the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.