Thread: Nice motorcar...

Nice motorcar...

I'm sure it buffed out. It'll be interesting to see how 2VEV fares at the Goodwood FOS auction...I plan to be there as usual but hopefully not waving to friends as that lot goes under hammer!
    I happened to sit behind FOS guest of honour Mr E at last year's auction there so maybe I'll leave this lot to him and other well heeled buyers. The standard motor vehicle buyer's premium alone (unless some special formula is used at that target £17m price point?) is an eye opener:
    15% on the first £50,000 of the Hammer Price
    12% on the excess over £50,001 of the Hammer Price

image.jpg
    https://www.goodwood.com/grrc/event-...OS9ETZ,L41EG,1

Team was based in Essex England, registration letters ?EV denoted the Chelmsford Essex district vehicle licencing area. Until around the mid 70s.
    Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-09-2018 at 06:07 PM.

2VEV was once (very long ago) owned by a friend of mine. It has a story that begins with a rebody. IIRC the car was immediately destroyed after delivery and to save taxes they just had a second one made with the same VIN. By now it has it's 4th or 5th bodywork. It is so thin that everything is a thread to the panels another past owner told me in 2002. E.g. you never close the door with the outside door handle you have to throw it - otherwise your door is dented. Bob who was AMOC President in the 60s and 70s back then used the car as a partial daily when he owned the car had some rubber inner fenders made because the car always had dented fenders (from inside to outside) from the gravel that stuck in the tire profile.

Interesting stuff Uli. Sounds like I'll see you at revival -- my friend said he has sorted tickets. Don't know which days I'll be there yet

S

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Don't know which days I'll be there yet
    S
    Hi Steve,
    I'll be there with a Friend Friday&Saturday.
    We stay in Brighton where he is for a vacation with his family and rented a house at the seaside.
    Perhaps some other registry members will be at goodwood too - so perhaps enough for a thread of it's own.
    Cheers
    Uli

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    2VEV was once (very long ago) owned by a friend of mine. It has a story that begins with a rebody. IIRC the car was immediately destroyed after delivery and to save taxes they just had a second one made with the same VIN. By now it has it's 4th or 5th bodywork. It is so thin that everything is a thread to the panels another past owner told me in 2002. E.g. you never close the door with the outside door handle you have to throw it - otherwise your door is dented. Bob who was AMOC President in the 60s and 70s back then used the car as a partial daily when he owned the car had some rubber inner fenders made because the car always had dented fenders (from inside to outside) from the gravel that stuck in the tire profile.
    I met the owner at a concours event a few years ago. He told me about the time he took the car to Pebble Beach. Many people prodded the bodywork with their fingers to demonstrate how thin the metal was. He was left with a bill for £50,000 to have the dents taken out!
    Early 911S Registry #888