Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Revival 7th – 9th September 2018

Goodwood Revival 7th – 9th September 2018

As I am planning my trip to Goodwood Revival. I'm just thinking of organising a meeting for early 911sreg Members for Lunch / Dinner or just a Beer on the Grandstand.

It will be nice to meet Steve (911MRP) and put Faces to others of the whether they are coming from the UK / Europe or even US members who come the long way as well.

Just a feeler which way to go.
    Shall we meet @noon at a certain place or rather in the evening in some nearby Pub/Restaurant? Or Both?
    Perhaps someone local has an insiders tip where to head.
    Goodwood also offers facilities to have a reserved table for Lunch / Dinner- (not cheap would require payment in advance).

I will be there Friday and Saturday only as my plane on Sunday leaves early.

Cheers

Uli
    Last edited by uai; 02-12-2018 at 02:58 AM.

Hi Uli,

Having met in Stuttgart it would be nice to catchup again...a picnic at a would be an idea as not requiring a Goodwood booking. Folks can bring their own food or Goodwood can supply hampers etc those who don't wish to ...for a fee. Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 438
Size:  69.1 KB

There are plenty of places to do so. Some like pictured picnic in the pre 65 carpark where the cars of regular visitors can be almost as impressive as the ones invited to race at the event. Picnic is less formal than having to book to eat and very much in the tradition of Britain in the era to mid 60s. I've never missed a Goodwood FOS or Revival and weather can be glorious sunshine. Or a washout. Very British in that regard.

Drinks meeting less formal so maybe easier to organise and maybe weatherproof....There are places Such as beer or champagne tents to meet just for a drink. On the infield there is usually a champagne bar with band near the earls court motor-show homage building. Or a beer tent near the spirit of aviation area ( although that area had been changed last year)

I've eaten at Goodwood hotel nearby a few times during event both breakfast and lunch but it is a historic car free taxi out of track perimeter so maybe too much time away from the action and suspect it is expensive and requires upfront purchase so may not work so well -- my friend always pays so don't know meal cost. Probably not the way to go to get most to meet.

Just some ideas but I'm flexible.

Central Brighton or London meeting outside the event times is a possibility and Brighton has for a direct train to from London. Doubt it fits your logistic plans this trip but be pleased to show you around the Royal Automobile Club in St James area of London.

Make sure you get a paddock entry lapel tag with your revival ticket and meet the paddock dress code as it allows very good access to magnificent and in some cases priceless cars

S

PS There are a group of folks who for years have regularly attended the event as James Bond characters they even carry their food and wine in the gold casket on wheels used in the film as can be seen here.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 395
Size:  71.7 KB My son and one of son of The Chap dressed as Odd Job both did an internship at Williams F1 ...but we've lost touch. Sharing this just to show the great tradition and effort for dressing in period and having picnics at the revival event. While I do know I'm going to event don't yet know what days as my pal supplies our tickets. Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  194.7 KBThe area near the garden with McLaren memorial used to be good spot to meet for a picnic...close to where cars assemble and drivers sign in / club ... but having gone to the hotel to eat last few years not sure if it is still the best spot picnic. Alternatively somewhere with track view like Levant has good atmosphere.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-12-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Mrs D and i are going to the revival but only on sunday with a bunch of friends. We will do the dressing up thing, Mrs D has never been before and has only agreed to go because a bunch of other long suffering 'significant others' are attending and dressing up. Also going to the members meeting in a few weeks, but thats boys only....

if something is arranged for the friday or the saturday, i could be persuaded to go that day as well....

Andrew -- Just sent you an email. I now plan to be at the Revival Fri and Sat but can't make Sunday. My grand plan to avoid you since CLM is working well -- my back can't take any more pushing

ULI-- maybe we can catch up. My mobile is same number as when we met in Stuttgart

Steve

Steve...Polly and I will be there for all three days so hopefully we'll be able to say hi at some point.

Our 1970 2.2S will be in the Steve McQueen motor show area.

Hope to see you there.

SimonName:  IMG_0774.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  155.0 KB
    Simon Webb

1970 911S
    1973 2.7RS
    1975 2.7 Carrera MFI

1977 3.0 Carrera

GRRC Member

Great Simon. It was good to catch up last week and to meet Polly. You might still have my contacts but Ill PM my Mobile to you just in case. I'm slightly more flexible Friday as have various things when down there on sat ...but either can work

Best

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your details. I've pm'd you mine by return.
    Look forward to catching up on the Friday.

Best wishes,

Simon
    Simon Webb

1970 911S
    1973 2.7RS
    1975 2.7 Carrera MFI

1977 3.0 Carrera

GRRC Member

Yes Friday would be nice to meet.
    Cheers
    Uli

Cool. PM sent.

Steve, I'll call you tomorrow (Friday) to arrange meeting.