Thread: 5NJA570 Reg?? 1970 911T Signal Orange now in UK

5NJA570 Reg?? 1970 911T Signal Orange now in UK

Hi all!
    I purchased the car in California from European Collectibles late 04/early 05, but I believe US law prohibits dealers from sharing previous owner info due to privacy laws etc. Reg in the US was: 5NJA570

So, I have owned the car for circa 12yrs and know virtually nothing about its history prior to 2005.

Dealer in Costa Mesa told me it belonged to a guy that ran a garage servicing/tuning/restoring Porsche cars, there is a service sticker remaining on my windscreen with the name 'Scientific Automotive' (they have a website for those of you that are interested http://www.scientificauto.com ) and I think could be where the previous owner worked. Can't to be sure, tried this company directly but no response. I have yet to try Porsche directly, you are all probably shouting at me at this point, any advice on how to go about this?

So, casting my line into the abyss to see what bites??
    Thanks in anticipation
    Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Might get info by posting the VIN...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

That is a GREAT looking car...

VIN 9110120513. Reg 5NJA570. 1970 911T signal orange

VIN 9110120513. Reg 5NJA570 now in UK. Looking for history??
    Hi all!
    I purchased the car in California from European Collectibles late 04/early 05, but I believe US law prohibits dealers from sharing previous owner info due to privacy laws etc. Reg in the US was: 5NJA570

So, I have owned the car for circa 12yrs and know virtually nothing about its history prior to 2005.

Dealer in Costa Mesa told me it belonged to a guy that ran a garage servicing/tuning/restoring Porsche cars, there is a service sticker remaining on my windscreen with the name 'Scientific Automotive' (they have a website for those of you that are interested http://www.scientificauto.com ) and I think could be where the previous owner worked. Can't to be sure, tried this company directly but no response. I have yet to try Porsche directly, you are all probably shouting at me at this point, any advice on how to go about this?

So, casting my line into the abyss to see what bites??
    Thanks in anticipation
    Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by PureLines9 View Post
    . . . I believe US law prohibits dealers from sharing previous owner info due to privacy laws etc . . .
    Ugh! --- total nonsense . . . and just where does this sort of malarky come from, anyway?

. . . and as for that registration that you posted? . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by PureLines9 View Post
    . . . Reg in the US was: 5NJA570 . . .
    . . . THAT looks the be a California tag --- circa mid-2000s? . . .
    http://www.15q.net/ca.html

If it is, then you might try this . . . see post #341 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ty-nine/page35

. . . although you may 've waited a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit too long

CA DMV purges records after 4 years

HtH

We Can Be Heroes

Is that Factory original paint ? chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue