Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: source for fuel vent line

Clear line soaked in diesel fuel for a couple weeks have a nice yellow hue as well
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

Tom, Is that the 1/8" wall thickness ? Doesn't look as bulky as mine.

the original stuff gets pliable if you heat it... (and it's the right color + patina)
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

Quote Originally Posted by tom1394racing View Post
    Rick

I purchased the tubing for my ‘70E project from McMaster Carr.

5187K75 Fuel and Lubricant Yellow PVC Tubing 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD, 1/16" Wall Thickness

5187K68 Fuel and Lubricant Yellow PVC Tubing 5/8" ID, 7/8" OD, 1/8" Wall Thickness
    Rehashing this old conversation, the above SKUs have a disclaimed not to use with ethanol based fuels.

LINK
    PVC Tubing for Fuels and Lubricants

Very Flexible
    Compatible Tube Fittings: Barbed
    Soft (Durometer 65A)
    Temperature Range: -10° to 120° F
    This economical tubing can be used intermittently with petroleum-based products without becoming hard or brittle. It is not for use with ethanol-based gasoline. Tubing is clear, so you can easily monitor flow.

Should we getting the Tygon tubing that doesn't have an ethanol disclaimer?

Formulation: F-4040-A
    Very Flexible
    Compatible Tube Fittings: Barbed
    Soft (Durometer 55A)
    Temperature Range: -30° to 160° F
    Not only will this tubing stay flexible when used with gasoline and other petroleum-based products, it also withstands lower temperatures than other fuel and lubricant tubing. Tubing is semi-clear, so it gives you a limited view of what’s flowing through your line.
    D OD Wall Thick.
    1/2" 5/8" 1/16" 5552K28 3.21
    5/8" 7/8" 1/8" 5552K31 6.60

I need to replace the hose that connects to my fuel tank so not sure which one to get.

Thanks,
    Neil
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Was the Tygon also at MC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    Was the Tygon also at MC ?

Yup, click on link in post, or look at screenshot below.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

I can buy non-ethanol at about a half dozen places around the county. Since I drive my cars so much this hasn't been a problem.

I store them with Sunoco Optima or 260GT.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

The original stuff was generic metric clear polyethylene tubing...which is why over 10,20, 30 years it discolored and turned to stone!

I had a friend in the Netherlands go into a local hardware store there and purchase 4-5 meters of each size ( other places in the cars like windshield washer ) they sold and ship it to me. Even though it does not have a politically correct "vapor rating" it is as original and will probably last at least 4 or 5 years before needing replacement. Any hardware store in Europe sells all the needed sizes...make a new friend over there!
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

I used Mc Master Carr on my 912 fuel venting

Name:  Shepperd cross.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  71.7 KB

I stock the original stuff Mark mentioned. It is German and made by Cohline. Different sizes I have on hand are ID 6mm 7mm 9mm 12mm 14mm. For the SWB tank vent I use the 7mm. Let me know if I can help you with any of these sizes?

Thanks,

Brad
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547