Thread: H4 headlight insert for sealed beam - recommendations?

H4 headlight insert for sealed beam - recommendations?

Bought a seat of sealed beam with H4 inserts from a registry member some month ago.

Would like to have the position lights in the headlights, but the set that I bought hasn´t.

There are several replacement kits available, for example HELLA 1A6 002 395-071, Lucas

Havent´found kit made by BOSCH.

Which kit do you recommand?

For quality of the product and the lighting I would go with Hella, I don't think this was a factory option (others may chime in on that) so I don't think there is an originality issue between Hella & Bosch. I put the Hella versions in my 64 International Scout and MGB and a great improvement in lighting, with 55/100 bulbs, properly aimed no problems for oncoming traffic.

Regards

Yes, there had never been this combination of H4 in sealed beam housings. I like the idea of BOSCH lenses but

if there are not Bosch ones, which Hella partnumber would be the best option.
    Last edited by dirk07; 03-05-2018 at 01:03 AM.

I did mine 20 - 25 yrs ago (still work great) may try Hella Vision Plus Conversion Headlights 002395801, this is a pair, there is also the same # BUT 301 vs 801 as a single unit vs a pair. Not sure you can still get the Hella with the city light or not. Google the above for local suppliers, the pair is about $75 usd, sometimes you can swap bulbs depending on who you buy from I think stock set is 55/60 W here in the states. Add some relays and crank them up 55/100's or 55/130 if you bump up the wire size, I am happy with the 55/100 in the 71 911 but the Bosch 911 H4 housing as well as the above mentioned.

Regards

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    I have CIBIÉ 7-HCRA H4 headlights in my 356A. They have the "parking" light inside the headlight unit but I haven't hooked those up since the 356A has those already.

The performance seems comparable to the 7" Hellas in my 911 (which don't have a "parking" light). Of course there are no 55/100 watt 6 volt bulbs so the 911 has an edge in high beams.

I should warn you that CIBIÉ 7-HCRA H4 headlights are pricey--I happened to find a pair on clearance some years back.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

I bought two pairs of HELLA 1A6 002 395-071 with the parking lights inside to use the all orange turn signal lenses. Orange parking light is not allowed in Germany.

I tried to mount them, but failed. Somehow the cheese head screw to mount the mounting pieces of the inserts could not be drilled in the whole way. Might be the use of 86 labelled NOS Lackschaberschrauben?

Name:  IMG_3969.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  72.5 KB